Marina employees' shoe prints on my vinyl >

Marina employees' shoe prints on my vinyl

Notices

Marina employees' shoe prints on my vinyl

Old 05-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Marina employees' shoe prints on my vinyl

How about boot prints from the local Coasties? They requested to board late one night last season in the Alameda Estuary. The first guy decides to simply step up onto my engine hatch vinyl with his boots on and down onto my rear bench. I just got pulled over and I let him have it: "DO ME A FAVOR AND DON'T STEP ON THE VINYL." You bet he apologized while his partner crawled on his knees and jumped onto the floor (snap in carpet was out). I don't care if you're Johnny Law, show some respect for other peoples property. I would love to go to their house and walk all over their couch or better yet, drag my muddy shoes on the front seat of their Accord.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Marina employees' shoe prints on my vinyl

As I always said the less people who handle your boat the better off you are..........mark........
Old 05-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 411 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Spray some WD-40 on the stain, sometimes that gets it out.

Brake cleaner to get carpet stains out
Old 05-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,163 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
...Should I be pissed? I kept my brand new boat in a marina that does rack storage and every time I get in it there are dirty shoe prints on the vinyl seats.

I can't believe that I'm the only one on OSO anal enough to be p!ssed off at this. It's from the guys that get in the boat and drive it from the forklift to the slip.

Thoughts? I'm afraid that if I say anything they'll F with my boat...
i just spent two hours in the RAIN cleaning my footprints out of a boat. I am drenched the boat is spotless.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carrboy
I'd punch the person right in the face!!!Another attorney fee(getting sick of paying those)...maybe not a good idea...better idea:ask the guy who drives and racks your boat which car he drives and tell him if you see footprints in your boat again you'll take a grease gun to his seat
Old 05-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Brake cleaner to get carpet stains out

never,never,never

brake clean and carb clean have very very harsh cemicals such as acitone ect greez off works best.....
Old 05-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 411 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by GOODT
never,never,never

brake clean and carb clean have very very harsh cemicals such as acitone ect greez off works best.....

Serously, try it on a scrap piece of carpet around the shop, You'll be surprised!!! But i do agree with a. i wouldnt use it all the time
Old 05-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

im lucky i know the guys from my marina. my parents have known them for years. these guys would carry me off my fathers boat after a long night out when i was young. i recently had some work done on my boat and i made a cragk at the guy that owns the marina that he made a mess out of my boat.( i just cleaned it before i dropped it off and it was dirty when i saw it). he tolded my to go f myself joking around and i really didnt care that it was dirty again but it did bother me. the next day i went to pick up my boat and it was spotless. it was cleaner then when i brought it there. the next time i say the owner he yelled to me that i really should keep better care of my boat. the piont is its not want you say its how you say it. dont be an ass just tell them how it is.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I had the same problem and talked to the manager at my rack storage. I explained to him that I tip those kids at the rack to take care EXTRA care of my boat. Unfortunately I also had the same problem at my dealer. I always keep a towel on the back seat and they actually took it off when they turned the batteries on and THREW IT ON THE FLOOR. There were greasy prints every where. Spoke with the manager there about how I pay top dollar at their dealer and not getting the same service in return. That was last year and he said they were taking steps to fix the problem, bootys that go on shoes and disposable cloths that go on the interior. I am picking up the boat monday so I will let you know if anything got fixed.

Last edited by bmanafort; 05-14-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmanafort
That was last year and he said they were taking steps to fix the problem, bootys that go on shoes and disposable cloths that go on the interior.
There's an idea!