Notices

Peekskill NY boating

Old 05-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Peekskill NY boating

Tenative plans are to deliver June 15th and hang out there a day or three.
At least Thursday night and Friday. Maybe the whole weekend depending on weather and stuff.

Need a trans dock and good ramp for a 30 footer too.

Thanks guys
Old 05-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can launch from peekskill, they have a very nice ramp,, a 30 footer is no problem at all..

North you have transients slips at Front St. marina in Newburgh, South I would assume Liberty Landing Marina not sure..

List and directions to ramps.. http://www.hrfanj.org/ramps.htm#Peek...0Launch%20Ramp

Last edited by Chris288; 05-17-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

you really should stay for the run. it really is an awsome day. the river is not very hard to nav. just watch for depris.
reggieraft, what is the gas prices at haverstraw. i think panco is a 3.75 for 89.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Registered

Leaning that way... figure since I'm there... I'll prolly never go back again so...
Kind of have a date with some Lake Erie friends Saturday but I'll see them all the following weekend at the Sandusky Bay run.
Figure if the weather is good. Crash in a no tell motel in peekskille thursday night after dropping off the bike and splash the boat friday am, sounds like friday night at Gullys/newberg? Some place we can boat to and see a band playing out on the patio. If it gets "drunk out" can we just crash at their docks claiming they got me too drunk to drive home? Maybe get a trans dock at front street.
Then Saturday am blast down to watch the PR guys and see the NYC sights by boat... don't wanna step ashore there skeered of them city slickers...

Or go to NYC Friday afternoon and check that all out then... I'd prolly get a better look at the hardware then. Like to see those HORBA guys. Will we be able to pull into Liberty Landing for a few minutes to visit?

I don't have to be back to work until WED morning so... I can stay as long as I can afford. (about an hour and a half) or as long as the weather is good.

Last edited by Underdog88; 05-17-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

If the weather is nice, i'm sure I will be at Gully's marina Friday night, then leave for the city around 8:30 am saturday for liberty landing marina. Dock at LLM for a bit to see all the boats and then head back north to T.Z. bridge to see the king of the hudson and all the other boats come by.

We usually try to get a bunch of boats together, leave Gully's in the morning and all head down together, your more than welcome to join us. If you happen to get tied up on the north side of Gully's you can stay there for the night no problem, or there are usually a few empty slips in Gullys marina you could use for the night near us..
Old 05-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered

That sounds like an awsome weekend. I would love to check out the city from the water. not mention the poker run too!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Registered

Thanks Chris, sounds like the plan! weather permitting.
It's rained and been cool here for a solid month. I got alot of boating in March April but been crappy here since mid april. Has to be better in June.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

I hear you there.. My boat was at the dealer all winter, the weather got sunny and warm, I got the boat back and it's been cold and rainy for a solid week since.

Someone usually starts a thread the week before the NYC poker run, see who's meeting at Gully's and who's meeting up at places in between, as well as keep track of the weather.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by yesrej
you really should stay for the run. it really is an awsome day. the river is not very hard to nav. just watch for depris.
reggieraft, what is the gas prices at haverstraw. i think panco is a 3.75 for 89.
You may be right I paid $4 a gal. for hightest sunday the 14th.The boat is on the trailer now for the Lake George poker run this weekend.Need hightest to feed the blowers.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Registered

I had my boat at the Washington Irving marina just under the Tappan Zee Bridge for many years.
Its a great place to hang and it located in the middle of everything.
Nice ride to NYC or go up state to Cold springs, both nice rides.

Quick Reply: Peekskill NY boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.