Notices

Need some jetski advice

Old 06-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need some jetski advice

Mine goes about 65-67 and its stock 3 cyl 1200
It turns on the dime at 45 MPH and plants your butt in the seat. Its fun but Ill take the apache any day over the 1200. Then again the bike is for the wife as a Xmas present. Apache was for me cause it was Tuesday LOL.
Cord, Good luck with it, they are fun little toys. And they fit in your garage so your HOA does not jump all over your azz.
J
Old 06-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
The yellow XP is a one person machine. Its next to impossible to even board it with two people. The white one will hold two.

Almost a rule: A 2 person PWC is really only comfy with 1; a 3 person PWC is really only comfy with 2, and so on. You can take the max rated on the ski for quick blasts, but that's about it. Remember everyone is holding onto the driver, and it tires you fast.

There are five million opinions on this, but I would not buy a Sea-Doo that needs work. Sea-Doo can make a nice PWC, but the Rotax system has many quirks, and is just not intuitive to figure out. I'd go with a Yamaha; 800+ cc.
Totally agree...

My first Yamaha was a 1988 Waverunner 500 and it ran like a top. No joke, the old analog hr meter registered 3600 plus. I couldn't believe the fact that this then 10 yr old machine had NO problems whatsover...

Now we have a '98 xl1200 yamaha (3 seater) with over 200 hrs in near mint condition. Buddy thought it looked brand new! Yamahas (and I guess Kawi's as well) are the better brands to buy used, mainly because of reliability and excellent quality. (From a previous reply, I don't see how the GP is an inferior ride in choppy conditions to the Kawi - Yammies are known for their rough-water handling compared to other makes. The GP is the biggest 2-seater you can get w/o going to three...3-cyl do take a bit longer to acclerate but it more than makes up for this with top end, and you don't run ridiculous rpms)

The engines of Tigersharks (the now defunct PWC's made by Arctic Cat) were actually made by Yamaha. That says something!
Old 06-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

never had one of those Rice Burners...............I stated with an American power boat...................m.m..............