Notices

Dockominiums--very pricey

Old 06-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dockominiums--very pricey

Originally Posted by 375stinger
tow rig, fuel, insurance, 125 thousand dollar docking! buying the boat sure seems like the cheap part these days
READING THIS MADE ME THINK OF THE THREAD I SAW THE OTHE DAY WITH SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT THE NEW 1075'S. HE CALCULATED WITHOUT EXAGGERATION THAT IT COST $4000 PER HOUR WITH THE PRICE OF THE BOAT. THAT WAS $1000 PER HOUR FOR MOTORS TO BE GONE THRU AT 50 HOURS AT 50K, HALF MIL DOLLARS FOR BOAT, INSURANCE, STORAGE, FUEL, ETC. DAMN SCARY. STILL CHEAPER THAN MY WIFE'S SHOPPING THOUGH AND SHE WON'T CARRY ME TO PARTY COVE.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poorsche
http://www.tampaharbouryachtclub.com/
unless you are a member of the "luck sperm club" and inherited enough to afford that lifestyle..

It had the oppertunity to be an interesting post until you went here!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, that's the trend it seems...these azzhole developers building these yuppy private yacht clubs and dockominiums all over the place is definately starting to put the pinch on the average boater.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We were looking at dry docks around sarasota on the west coast of florida, but all they are doing with the dry docks now is turning them all into condos. Now just try to figure how much $$$ at 125g a slip with x number of slips they can bring for that place, and THEN with charging 275 a month for maintenance , and then you know the first time they have to do large maintenance to the place the slip owners are paying for it, and who says that the 275 per month is locked in? The flipside to the situation is that although you are putting up 125 g, you are actually purchasing something, and with the limited amount of dry docks on the water, and the growing amount of people who want to be on the water.....you never know how much it will be worth in the future..
Old 06-28-2006, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Poorsche
They said 15 to 20 months to actual completion of facility but have sold almost 60 slips so far.
60 slips at Bayside is nothing - they have a LONG way to go to sell it out. I have a hard time believing that people will pay the money. I used to keep my 29 Foutain there for about $350 +/- per month. Now that nearly the "maintenance fee". What a joke. The other day I heard one of the principals in the development company pitching the project on a local
AM sports radio show - he said that there were a lot of other benefits, including, gas "at cost" to members... what's that equate to? $.50 per gallon?

Let's see if it really happens.

CigDaze - as for it being the Developers fault, I disagree. Its a capitalist society and if someone has the wherewithal and the schnutz to take on a multi-million dollar project for a profit - all the more to them. I too am sad to see some of the waterfront "old standbys" change in use (including Imperial Yacht Center and Jimmy Macs), but hey, its progress..
Old 06-28-2006, 01:14 PM

Isn't that the truth. I was out in the Ches Bay/Atlantic on Saturday and it hurt to have fun.
Originally Posted by 375stinger
mwahahhahahaa you think you have not been able to take your boat out in awhile?
who says you can not boat when it is raining? sure it feels like being massacred by a bb gun firing squad....
Old 06-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You're right Brian, I can't say I blame them, nonetheless it's somewhere to take out the frustration. It's sad seeing so many things go by the wayside, but change is inevitable I guess. I keep getting the feeling that we're getting squeezed out to make way for more Condos. I'm sick of condos.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Registered

Wait till the bottom drops out - I have a hard time believing those prices are sustainable. I can guarantee that wouldn't fly up here in the Great Lakes state...
Old 06-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Wait till the bottom drops out - I have a hard time believing those prices are sustainable. I can guarantee that wouldn't fly up here in the Great Lakes state...
Exactly, the market has slowed big time. In Pinellas County last year there was over 4000 condo's in development. There are way too many speculators in the market trying to make a quick $,wait till they have to close the deal & have to come up with the real money.
As a Electrical contractor in the Tpa area I have seen a huge drop in the buy/ fix up/ sell market. I contract for many of the bigger guys & they have either moved onto commercial real estate or now starting to pick up foreclosures as rates go up & the biggie...insurance & material costs.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Registered

This concept isn't new--especially in FL market. THere was the Time Share Boom/Bust and it took forever for that market to get cleaned up and somewhat respectable.

The renderings they have and the long range plans are expensive, expansive and extravagant. A lot of what they are proposing just won't hold water--to coin a phrase. A simpler, more realistic, market based approach would work--I'm afriad this plan won;t pass the test of time and a lot of folks are going to make some lawyers wealthy when it's time to sort it all out.

Quick Reply: Dockominiums--very pricey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.