Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Center Console or Go Fast? >

Center Console or Go Fast?

Notices
View Poll Results: What would you rather have in a 38' boat?
38 Center Console
49.07%
38 Go Fast
50.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Center Console or Go Fast?

Old 12-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

The problem is what type of C.C. do you want ?
A solid work vehicle or a pimped out SUV ?
ed
Old 01-21-2009, 03:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, what do you mean exactly by "go fast". Cause a '38 centre console with 3 or 4 300's can be really fast 70 miles plus+... I suppose by "go fast" you mean like 100 miles ++ right?
is it worth it?
With CC's u get more people on board, you can fish, less expenses (insurance, gas, maintenance), and an adequate speed of 70- 80 miles.

A friend of mine owns a cig top gun 2009, top speed about 95 miles, I must admit it's awesome, but has very limited space, and the consumption is crazy

I would go for the CC
Old 01-21-2009, 05:50 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

best of both worlds
Attached Thumbnails Center Console or Go Fast?-biglilthirrrsty.jpg  
Old 01-21-2009, 06:00 AM
Registered

lapse of reason said it been down the go fast road for alot of years got tired of all the maint, cant just jump in and go for a ride, had a 21 ' cc for a long time as a kick around also, switched to 48 express a year ago and just got a 32' fountain 300 verados, awesome boat for kicken around , jump in and go , just hose and flush when your done, has full bathroom for the girls and plenty of room.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by lovehermes
buyhermes.org is made of the genuine leather, as the number and the size, color etc are same like the real one. We produced it by ourselves. The pictures are made by ourselves, and the product is the same as the pictures describe. Our Hermes made so well that few people can tell the difference. Here are real with authentic quality and 100% original package. Our products are highly praised by our customers and we get customers' content response! You can trust us and our product without any doubt. Futhermore, our Hermes items ship all over the world. <a href="http://www.buyhermes.org"><strong>Replica Hermes Bags</strong></a>
Replica Hermes Bags
WTF! I am up late going through a thread and see a shameless ad (link) for pocketbooks? Oh well this is first for me to see on OSO. I thought Hermes was some sort of new European high performance boat, WTF!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
WTF! I am up late going through a thread and see a shameless ad (link) for pocketbooks? Oh well this is first for me to see on OSO. I thought Hermes was some sort of new European high performance boat, WTF!
+1... Thought the exact thing... Thinking, wow real leather then it kicked in.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
That user has been banned & the thread/post has been removed. Thanks for notifying us.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the fastest and baddest cc on the water!
Attached Thumbnails Center Console or Go Fast?-249868_206064192763556_131598190210157_520039_7124776_n.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't see that many CC's on the west coast. I see mostly walkarounds for ocean fishing. Maybe that's because you would freeze your rear off in a CC on the Pacific. A CC has almost no wind or spray protection, and the air temperature rarely gets much above 60 on the ocean, even in SoCal. Is the CC phenomenon mostly a Florida thing?

Also I am not seeing how a CC carries any more people than any other boat. Other than the helm, I just see hard plastic everywhere, and maybe one bench seat in the back.

Michael
Old 04-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has seats for 6 plus seats in the bow area if it is calm (4 more seats) but when running people stand and hold on to the t-top frame work. I actually miss my cat in terms of handling and speed, but you can't get the versatility, my boat is not fast (55mph) but its great on fuel and I can cruise the Bahamas, fish, dive, hang out at the sandbar ect. The cat was tough for fishing and diving and not as comfortable at the sandbar. I am thinking of getting a 28 Skater to fulfill my need for speed. CC are warm water boats though when it cold you feel the wind.

Quick Reply: Center Console or Go Fast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.