Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Center Console or Go Fast? >

Center Console or Go Fast?

Notices
View Poll Results: What would you rather have in a 38' boat?
38 Center Console
49.07%
38 Go Fast
50.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Center Console or Go Fast?

Old 04-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
This is the fastest and baddest cc on the water!
define fastest!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://floridasportfishing.com/magaz...en-fish-3.html

==
Old 04-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
I don't see that many CC's on the west coast. I see mostly walkarounds for ocean fishing. Maybe that's because you would freeze your rear off in a CC on the Pacific. A CC has almost no wind or spray protection, and the air temperature rarely gets much above 60 on the ocean, even in SoCal. Is the CC phenomenon mostly a Florida thing?

Also I am not seeing how a CC carries any more people than any other boat. Other than the helm, I just see hard plastic everywhere, and maybe one bench seat in the back.

Michael
Come to Desert Stom and check out the 36 Deep Impact in person, I think you will like it. We de-fished ours and it's all about fun, sun and entertaining. Here is an orange one they just finished. I pick ours up on Monday.
Attached Thumbnails Center Console or Go Fast?-img_2979.jpg   Center Console or Go Fast?-img_2978.jpg   Center Console or Go Fast?-img_2977.jpg  

Old 04-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
Come to Desert Stom and check out the 36 Deep Impact in person, I think you will like it. We de-fished ours and it's all about fun, sun and entertaining. Here is an orange one they just finished. I pick ours up on Monday.
This must be a new term "de-fished". It does look like you have quite a bit of seating, and some functionality aspects of a deck boat, perhaps with better access to areas of the boat. So what was done to it to "de-fish" it?

Michael
Old 04-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

This must be a new term "de-fished". It does look like you have quite a bit of seating, and some functionality aspects of a deck boat, perhaps with better access to areas of the boat. So what was done to it to "de-fish" it?

Michael
The Deep Impacts are custom built so you can design each boat on how you are going to use it. All the leaning post, seating, benches, T-tops, colors, fabrics, and motor options are the customers choice. For our boat since it will be used on Lake of the Ozarks the rod holders got turned into LED cup holders, fish finders into two 12" Garmins with DVD interface from radio. Leaning post into bolster seats, live wells into coolers, rod holders into side storage, rear bumper holding area, eight shadow caster ten bulb lights on a remote, windlass anchor, torpedo tubes into carbon fiber custom t-top (you can even add water misters) pretty much all the fishing equipment was left off and it was built for coving out, entertaining and boating. The CC is a perfect boat for our area, which hasn't caught on yet, because the boating months can be extended by the outboards and it’s an awesome rough water boat. I've boated every month at the lake, with the triple 200 Verado's winterizing isn't an issue now. The bottom of the boat was designed by John Cosker of Mystic and we expect our 36 to run 75 GPS and weigh in at 11,500 wuth a 10’ beam. Add all that to a five year motor warranty and it should be several years of trouble free boating.

Last edited by eddie; 04-12-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pstorti
define fastest!
81 mph w triple 300 Verados........non lab Mercury 26 props.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
81 mph w triple 300 Verados........non lab Mercury 26 props.
Is this with the T-top and a finished cabin?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
The Deep Impacts are custom built so you can design each boat on how you are going to use it. All the leaning post, seating, benches, T-tops, colors, fabrics, and motor options are the customers choice. For our boat since it will be used on Lake of the Ozarks the rod holders got turned into LED cup holders, fish finders into two 12" Garmins with DVD interface from radio. Leaning post into bolster seats, live wells into coolers, rod holders into side storage, rear bumper holding area, eight shadow caster ten bulb lights on a remote, windlass anchor, torpedo tubes into carbon fiber custom t-top (you can even add water misters) pretty much all the fishing equipment was left off and it was built for coving out, entertaining and boating. The CC is a perfect boat for our area, which hasn't caught on yet, because the boating months can be extended by the outboards and it’s an awesome rough water boat. I've boated every month at the lake, with the triple 200 Verado's winterizing isn't an issue now. The bottom of the boat was designed by John Cosker of Mystic and we expect our 36 to run 75 GPS and weigh in at 11,500 wuth a 10’ beam. Add all that to a five year motor warranty and it should be several years of trouble free boating.
That is really interesting how it was "de-fished". That's quite a boat. It's clever how things were converted to another use. Thanks for filling me in.

Michael
Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see that many CC's on the west coast. I see mostly walkarounds for ocean fishing. Maybe that's because you would freeze your rear off in a CC on the Pacific. A CC has almost no wind or spray protection, and the air temperature rarely gets much above 60 on the ocean, even in SoCal. Is the CC phenomenon mostly a Florida thing?

Also I am not seeing how a CC carries any more people than any other boat. Other than the helm, I just see hard plastic everywhere, and maybe one bench seat in the back.

Michael
I don't think I ever go out with less than 12 people on board.
Hard to do that on a 39 Go Fast.
We also put a lot of emphasis on keeping you out of the elements. With the full height windshield and side flares there is very little wind at the helm for three people. Add our gunnel mounted wind curtains to the side of the console and it's like being indoors. In addtion three people can ride behind the helm seat facing forward without any wind either.
Attached Thumbnails Center Console or Go Fast?-390-top-shot.jpg   Center Console or Go Fast?-calendar-girls.jpg   Center Console or Go Fast?-wing.jpg  

Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salesmanship
I don't think I ever go out with less than 12 people on board.
Hard to do that on a 39 Go Fast.
We also put a lot of emphasis on keeping you out of the elements. With the full height windshield and side flares there is very little wind at the helm for three people. Add our gunnel mounted wind curtains to the side of the console and it's like being indoors. In addtion three people can ride behind the helm seat facing forward without any wind either.
Selfish plug!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Center Console or Go Fast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.