Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Re: lake texoma accident !!!

Tragic My condolences
Old 09-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My condolences to all, and good luck to Bruce. It could happen to any of us. The speed involved is irrevelant, riding a moped could be deadly. I hope Bruce recovers quickly, both physically and mentally. He has a rough road to follow. Best Wishes and prayers,
Chris and Lisa
Old 09-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We just returned home from burying my parents who were both killed in a headon car accident. Really did not need this at this time.

Did not get to really talk to Bruce and Myra at Smoke, but their boat was our personal favorite and we told them so. What a creative and beautiful design.

As we told everyone asking about my parents, we may never know exactly what happened, and we expect to hear no speculation from anyone. True accidents sometimes happen; flat tire, broken tie rod, steering arm failure, hit a log and shear one prop, one engine suddenly losing power, stroke, etc.

As someone who just lost two very special people, our deepest condolences and heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery and personal inner peace.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Registered

godspeed, prayers to all
Old 09-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is just incredibly tragic . I do not know the Mineos, but my sincerest condolences go out to their family and friends.
I do know Bruce and Myra. They are fellow MCPA club members, friends, and area neighbors. They are two of the nicest people on the water here (Nashville/Old Hickory, TN).
Bruce is nothing but professional, and is a very experienced boat owner/operator. We ran side by side with him and Myra (briefly, his boat is much faster than mine) at our poker run here in July, and I would not hesitate to do so again.
This has saddened and sickened everyone in our local boating community, and I think it will be a long time before we get over it.
My thoughts and prayers go out to both families..................
Sincerely,
Steve
Old 09-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Registered

Just spoke to Gordon 2 days ago. I live around the corner from Gordon and have known him for quite some time. He wasn't a close friend but him and Ann were good people. Very very sad..
Old 09-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terrible news....life is precious...condolences to all involved
Old 09-03-2006, 09:27 AM
asg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Prayers to all involved

Old 09-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts

I heard about this yesterday, and have had a nauseous knot in my stomach ever since. I am currenty at Smith Mountain Lake, VA; and some of the parties involved are well known and well liked in this area. It has hit VERY hard here. We here at the SML extend our very deepest condolences to EVERYONE involved with, and associated with this awful accident.

Some of the posts here are COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE or NOT APPROPRIATE. Tee4Texas, NRG, and Skatin; for certain--you need to remove your posts. You have no idea what the ramifications of your words here in print can do in reference to this incident and the sport of boating in gereral. Please engage your brain before you engage your fingers.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of the posts here are COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE or NOT APPROPRIATE. Tee4Texas, NRG, and Skatin; for certain--you need to remove your posts. You have no idea what the ramifications of your words here in print can do in reference to this incident and the sport of boating in gereral. Please engage your brain before you engage your fingers.[/QUOTE]

I agree 1000%!!

Quick Reply: lake texoma accident !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.