Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain >

Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Notices

Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Old 09-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

OH my next boat will be one oooofffffff these SUTPHEN32, SUPERBOAT Y2K ,JOKER 28
Old 09-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

If you are talking about the OL30 Marine Max incident on Powell, no, no cracked or split hull, but there is a hole on top of the foredeck. Some investigation is needed.

As a biased Baja owner, I concur with JS232 and thisistank,
both boats have their pluses and minuses. For RIDE though, Baja is the choice for this PARTICULAR question; deep v, no steps, 24 deadrise.

Funny though, I have lurked and posted at OSO for a good year now, and it always seems get a little nasty and condescending when its Baja versus X, X defined as the other manufacturer (Formula, fountain, Donzi, PQ). In addition, us Baja guys always seem to be on the defensive as to the quality and performance of our boats, and superiority is always inferred by the other side. I DO NOT SEE IT THAT WAY, all manufacturers have their good and bad, relatively proportioned to the price of their products.

I can promise everyone here one thing. The amount of *****ing you hear about Bajas on OSO rarely comes from Baja owners, it comes from non Baja owners trying to justify the extra $ they spent to get into the same offshore game.

As a Baja owner, I appreciate the build quality of a Formula, or the speed of a Fountain, or the looks of a Donzi, or the "Bentley" factor of an OL or Skater, but conversely I also appreciate the value that comes from my Baja, without having to condescend and insult others who do not share my opinion.

P.S. SLANDREW, I boat out of Channel Islands in my Baja 272, one of the roughest areas of the Pacific Ocean, I never have to tighten the screws on my boat after a hard run, just so you know, didn't want any rumors spread

P.S.S. Tank, see you Saturday in LB, riding with Aaron in the Outlaw 30 for the heli shoot.

Chris
Old 09-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain38SC
UMMM, didn't a Baja just split and sink after hitting a wave??
Fountains dont sink when they split. The worst part about a Fountain splitting is climbing down the tree you just hit!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 3,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts

It's simple physics.....Lighter hull will not ride as well as a heavier hull in big water.

Chris, I'll see you Sat. By the way, we ran Sunday out of C.I. Three Top Guns. The water was pretty nasty and made for some fun! I was looking for you guys out there.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
VIP Member

Hmmm Let me see. In my 36 Outlaw, two seasons of running under my ownership, many rides on Lk. Michigan and at least 3 weeks worth of time at LOTO. I have yet to see ANY stress cracks in the gel or have to tighten anything down. My boat is not as fast as say a Fountain, but if it was equal in top speed I gaurantee the Fountain could not stay with me thru 3-5's on Lk Michigan and a run down the main channel on a saturday at LOTO !!!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank

Chris, I'll see you Sat. By the way, we ran Sunday out of C.I. Three Top Guns. The water was pretty nasty and made for some fun! I was looking for you guys out there.
We were up at Lake Mojave (KL) dialing in Aaron's (r1ver_rat)30 Outlaw. Got to 81gps with a couple of HO's. I have never seen such big "seas" on a lake before. 3-4 foot chop with nasty whitecaps and 45mph winds. WOT almost the whole time, honestly couldn't of done that in my 272, would have hurt after awhile. Big difference in 5 feet, but going from 24 to 38, you already knew that.

Chris
Old 09-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Registered

This is the reason I hesitated to post this question. I knew it would turn to a bunch of bull****, it just took a day or two longer than I thought. It basically confirmed what I was thinking. The 36 OL will have a better ride than a 35 Fountain. I would probably have to go to at least a 38 and maybe even a 42 to get a comparable ride. I think some people need to go back to the originally post and re-read my question. I know the Fountain would be faster, but speed is not nearly as important as the ride. The boat will be used on LOTO so I really don't care how either one would ride in 8' nor which one will fall apart first running in the 90's in 8' seas. The boat will never see 8' seas. Maybe its my fault for not being more specific. I should have deleted the post after the first day or so before we got too deep in the BS. Thanks to those that did take the question seriously and offer good advice.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
I learned on here a couple weeks ago about how the Fountain beak creates some kind of special "lift" and a "Carolina Flair' type of effect in
Rough water. Allowing them to be the best rough water boats ever made.
In addition to be the best at everything else also....
The rest should just close shop.....

WHAT!!!!! I thought Sunsation's were the bestest, most strongest, boats ever built..............
Old 09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Registered

I'm not a big fan of Brunswick boats. If what they did to the construction of Sea-Rays says anything about the rest of their boat lines, i wouldn't take a Baja past 40 mph, and i wouldn't test the "unsinkable" claim of any new Boston Whalers. Funny how the same boat model can lose 2000 lbs between 1986 and 1988.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:28 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
I'm not a big fan of Brunswick boats. If what they did to the construction of Sea-Rays says anything ....
Brunswick owns Fountain too in a matter of speaking btw...

Quick Reply: Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.