Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Notices

Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Old 09-26-2006, 09:12 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

I have ridden in both the 36 Outlaw, as well as 35, 38, and 42 Fountains. Love them all, but to answer the topic at hand, the ride of the 36 will be better than the Fountain. The 36 is a great LOTO boat.

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
I'm not a big fan of Brunswick boats. If what they did to the construction of Sea-Rays says anything about the rest of their boat lines, i wouldn't take a Baja past 40 mph, and i wouldn't test the "unsinkable" claim of any new Boston Whalers. Funny how the same boat model can lose 2000 lbs between 1986 and 1988.

Thanks for that opinion, but what do Sea-Ray quality and non-floating Boston Whalers have to do with the topic of this thread?

Funny though, I have lurked and posted at OSO for a good year now, and it always seems get a little nasty and condescending when its Baja versus X
Chris, you will come to find that this is a sad constant of OSO. I do love the site, but any time there is a thread that mentions any aspect of a Baja, you will see some detractors come out of the wood work. Most of the folks here have a genuine love of performance boats in general, but there are some that must bash.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GLH
Brunswick owns Fountain too in a matter of speaking btw...
By that thinking, so does anyone that owns 1 share of Fountain stock.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered

Chris, you will come to find that this is a sad constant of OSO. I do love the site, but any time there is a thread that mentions any aspect of a Baja, you will see some detractors come out of the wood work. Most of the folks here have a genuine love of performance boats in general, but there are some that must bash.
Aren't you the one who called Sunsations "junk" on another site and claimed it was just a opinion not bashing? Kind of like calling the kettle black I'd venture to say.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 744 Likes on 336 Posts

Chris,
On this site if it wasn't built, bought , sold, traded by Arnow, Kramer, Bobby.S or anyone else related to Apache/Cigarette/Formula/Squadron/Magnum or a varation of the theme it isn't worthy : )

Now I must go polish my aerodynamic bow lifting beak appurtance.

ed
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ZP'd
Aren't you the one who called Sunsations "junk" on another site and claimed it was just a opinion not bashing? Kind of like calling the kettle black I'd venture to say.

I was and am a big enough man to admit where I was wrong. That was an ill choice of words made from a personal opionion. I did appoligize for it, and accept responsibility. I have never, and will never voice such an oppionion again. Part of the problem is that my post was cut and pasted to another board and taken out of context. Sorry it ever happend and if it offended you consider this my appology to you as well. If I could take it back, I would.

I am a pretty good guy, I just don't come through text as well as face to face. I would say everyone has made a mistake such as that in cyberspace before.

My point to Chris was to just roll with the punches.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Registered

Jus diggin ya, as I remeber that posting and the hoopla surrounding it. Personally, I always found if I don't have anything good to say about a particular performance boat I just no type. Like about this topic..

Hell I never met a performance boater or boat besides Reggie Fountain I didn't like Haulin.. I'm sure your cool, without the gold chains and fancy hairpiece.

Peace out.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
By that thinking, so does anyone that owns 1 share of Fountain stock.
I don't know how many shareholders lend FPC $20 Million?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GLH
I don't know how many shareholders lend FPC $20 Million?
Good point. I forgot Brunswick own Mercruiser. My bad.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Who cares! Go ride them both and make a decision on your own. Your perspective of what a great ride is will be just as different as our viewpoints obviously are. Don't forget about the other things you'd like in a boat when considering them, not to mention which is in better shape? Serious issues will break your spirit.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 3,228 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Originally Posted by mpally
This is the reason I hesitated to post this question. I knew it would turn to a bunch of bull****, it just took a day or two longer than I thought. It basically confirmed what I was thinking. The 36 OL will have a better ride than a 35 Fountain. I would probably have to go to at least a 38 and maybe even a 42 to get a comparable ride. I think some people need to go back to the originally post and re-read my question. I know the Fountain would be faster, but speed is not nearly as important as the ride. The boat will be used on LOTO so I really don't care how either one would ride in 8' nor which one will fall apart first running in the 90's in 8' seas. The boat will never see 8' seas. Maybe its my fault for not being more specific. I should have deleted the post after the first day or so before we got too deep in the BS. Thanks to those that did take the question seriously and offer good advice.

I disagree with the thought you should delete this post. This is what makes OSO a great site. People expressing their opinions. That is what you asked for.

However, like others have said, any topic that includes Baja you will get people talking sh!t. And I'd have to agree with whoever said it is 99.9% people that have never owned one. I don't think I've ever heard someone say they disliked their Baja after owing one.

As with Baja, Fountain brings out people talking sh!t. People have a love it or hate it feeling on Fountain and really nothing inbetween.

You really want to send this topic into a tail spin, compare either to an Apache!!

Quick Reply: Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.