Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2002 offshore drivers poll/photos >

2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

Notices

2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

Old 01-05-2002, 12:55 PM
Pier

By the way, the latest installment of SEATALK, has tagged members of this board "chat room queens." So we're good enough for Mr. Crouse to sell products or politics to, but not good enough to question him? Strange.

Old 01-05-2002, 02:56 PM
Ron Welch

APBA is the only sanctioning body that can deliver for us at this time. As a Florida based team we will miss the Ft Meyers race but not Sarasota. Sarasota has become very difficult do to deal with as a racer. The promoters are so money hungry that the pits are grossly over populated with vendors to the excess that we could not even move our boat on race day. When we checked in at the Hyatt we found out the racer room rate was almost twice the regular cost of a room for the general public. The crane and pit personal were just plain rude also. As a racer it appears Sarasota does not want APBA and in my opinion it really is no loss.

R. Welch
Team Sherwin Williams

Old 01-05-2002, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too Old,

Good Call!..all those Sarasota folks are lining-up at the paint store as we speak!!
Old 01-05-2002, 05:52 PM
boatinjoe

All politics aside, my understanding of the situation is this. A number of race sites have banded together under the FORCE Series banner to promote their races. They will invite both SBI and APBA racers in an attempt to unify the sport. I was also told they are not seeking to sanction races but want to work with BOTH major bodies the APBA and SBI. As such they plan on running divisional races.
How could this hurt anyone. If we give it a chance maybe it will strengthen all of offshore racing. Maybe it will also help "save" race sites that were considering leaving the sport.
There is not one race site that has to have a race. It is through the hard work and dedication to the sport by the locals that we even have race sites. So we need to support every effort to ensure the continuation of all races.
I support Force Series 100% in their efforts. I don't try to read anything into something that isn't there. Go Offshore!

Old 01-05-2002, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed the FORCE-link was removed from the APBA site..
Old 01-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Frank Civitano

BoatinJoe. I would promote any boat racing association no matter who they are, But what John Crouse did in another post was out right wrong! Then he comes back and says we are starting a new race club after he thrashed someone from a major race club and now wants everyone to join? Not for Me! If Force has good intentions John just made that club get off to a bad start a couple of posts ago! And believe me I am not the only one that sees the hand writing on the wall.
I wish John the best but not with my support or the support of The N/E Donzi Club.
Frank

Old 01-05-2002, 08:46 PM
offshore1_2000

Thumbs down

Well, hate to tell ya but it's is the sanctioning body that gets paid by all the vendors you see. The more vendors, the more buck$.
As far as the hotel prices, I have learned from more than one person on this very board that when you book your reservation, it will be cheaper if you don't mention apb.,, oops, I mean, don't mention anything about racing at all.

Originally posted by Ron Welch:
<STRONG>APBA is the only sanctioning body that can deliver for us at this time. As a Florida based team we will miss the Ft Meyers race but not Sarasota. Sarasota has become very difficult do to deal with as a racer. The promoters are so money hungry that the pits are grossly over populated with vendors to the excess that we could not even move our boat on race day. When we checked in at the Hyatt we found out the racer room rate was almost twice the regular cost of a room for the general public. The crane and pit personal were just plain rude also. As a racer it appears Sarasota does not want APBA and in my opinion it really is no loss.

R. Welch
Team Sherwin Williams</STRONG>

Old 01-05-2002, 09:25 PM
n'awlins

It's hard to believe that people could be so critical of something they know nothing about. For example, Bill Park wrote a negative opinion of the SBI safety crew. Well Bill, If you've never raced SBI, how can you be so sure? Did you know SBI crew is not only credible, and professional, but extremely experienced. Did you know that this same crew is at every SBI race. The only outside individuals are the ambulance service. These individuals work together at every race so they know what each other are supposed to do and going to do. Also, I guess you didn't know SBI has two of South Florida's best Trauma surgeons. Oops, I forgot, you don't race in SBI. Did you know every diver is EMT certified. You wouldn't know that either would you. Did you know everybody else are firemen? These individuals have more experience than any other offshore safety crew simply because the same people have worked every race on the SBI circuit. So now what do you mean by the dive team not being consistent? Everybody has an opinion. Just watch your facts before you disrespect someone. Remember, you need to test drive a car before you can call it a lemon.

Old 01-05-2002, 10:01 PM
Bill Park

N'AWLINS And your boat number is?

Old 01-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Ron Welch

BH
Since when does the sanctioning body get the money from the local vendors? What boat do you race? Where is your funny little pink hat you used to wear? Hows your boyfriend?
Ron

Quick Reply: 2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.