Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story) >

Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story)

Notices

Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story)

Old 01-04-2002, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 3,307 Likes on 1,075 Posts
UT,Audio,Doug...Keep talking, keep talking!!!

Doug, I'm sorry to hear about that ordeal! You need to make more trips up here man. The harbor patrol never sweats anything!! What's up for havasu? got the info on the london bridge resort? JBK might be heading out this way all the way from back east. I told him to contact you about rooms.

UT, yea Doug tows that frickin scarab all the way out to havasu! Usually once a month at least during the season. The poker run out there is usually in late april and then theres another in like late september. Go to Arizonahotboats.com to get the info. they put it on. And no thats not me taking the picture in the water. And talk about Eye candy wait till you see Dougs crew!! Doug your sister in law and blondie going again!!??

I hope to see you out there UT. You'll have a blast!!

Tank
Old 01-04-2002, 06:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uncle Toys,
I really like the new 26! Yours looks great, the color is awesome After seeing one at PRI in Columbus :http://208.49.62.180/ray/Eliminator/DSC_0296_JPG.html After seeing this one I decided one will be in my future. Maybe not this year or next but sometime. I ended up buying a 23' Eagle XP instead.

Do you think you can sqeeze twin big blocks in that hull or do you think it would be too stern heavy? (I have a couple 502's I pulled from my PQ) Does Eliminator offer twinn 496's?

GREAT RIDE! - Ray
Old 01-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Uncle Toys

airpacker - Originally we thought we would put the Whipples on at ~20 hours. The idea was to give us time to dial in the boat and test the engines for soundness before trashing the warranties. But now I am not sure - two reasons. First, I put 12 hours on the boat the first week out and I think there is still a lot of dialing in to do. In fact, I am trailering the boat to Eliminator tomorrow because they want to do a modification they believe will add speed. After that, I would really like to find the optimal setup with the stock engines to use for comparison post Whipples. Second, the insurance on the boat is scaring me. As many threads on OSO have explained, insuring cats is tuff at best. I ended up paying $2,542 through Inamar (Sy Goldbergs referral, no lay-up, agreed value, $500,000 liability, ~2% deductible). Thought that was OK, not great, but OK. Then yesterday I got a call from the rep who told me they miss quoted the premium, but would honor it for this year. She told me it would cost an additional $2,000 next year - OUCH! So, do I have to go through the underwriting process again next year, or can I dump Inamar mid-term and find a new insurer soon? (read between the lines and send me private emails - would love to hear your opinions)

Old 01-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Cool

That's it the bayliner gets a polished lower........
Old 01-05-2002, 08:04 AM
Registered

UT
I was wondering when you were going to get the boat. Loved the pictures, just what I need to get myself going on getting new motor in my boat & on the water to test agin. I was also amased how your wife likes to go fast. My wife likes to go out in boat but when it comes to getting in the throttle she is not a happy camper. I keep telling her we could be running this fast in old baja (No cut to you baja guys, just not as stable at speed)

It was last year, just before Christmas I was to take delivery when my toy box burned up. The Saturday before had taken baja to shop to make room for new boat. Dealer called me on Monday (day I was to take delivery) & said trailer maker was not done with trailer yet & was going to be Wed. before I could get it. Tuesday night toy box burned up & took out all of my toys (except for old boat) Boy was I (& insurance company) glad I had not gotten boat yet! Called dealer up Wednesday & told him I was in no rush to get boat now since no place to keep it.

In the pictures looked like water was flat. Was it this way when you did the 84?? I would pick up about 3-5 mph just going from flat to chop. Here is picture of my boat sitting so you can compare http://www.turbo1.com/highvolt.jpg
For testing I found the in dash Digital GPS speedo is best. First has memory recall, & second since it shows speed in ten's I can see if I am over trimming & what the different water conditions do to speed at same power setting quickly. My radar gun is pain compared to dash GPS but gun most of time has higher reading than GPS when comparing.
In looking at your pics of boat sitting in water does not look like twins are making boat sit to low in back.
Old 01-05-2002, 03:26 PM
Registered

Boat looks GREAT. Cool drives. Keep us posted on how hard they are to keep clean
Old 01-07-2002, 11:17 AM
Uncle Toys

Cat & Mice - I think I remember pictures of your boat showing the engines looking a lot better than my stock 6.2's. Besides the polished Whipples, what else did you do to them? Regarding the Eliminator Regatta - I you and your family need a ride, let me know!

BadCat - I will be happy to send you pictures of the hatch. Boats at Eliminator this week for mods, but when its back I'll post them. However, I believe my hatch is pretty standard (except for the flames in the upholstery). Give me more specifics on what you want photographed (angles etc). We have a digital camera now (thanks Santa) and I can take as many as you like.

Old 01-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Registered

UT

I don't mean to not let this thread die a natural death, but...

The boat looks great, and i'm glad you experienced the "zero effort" driving feel!

One of the intersting things that gets said, and was said to you about cats is that they lean the wrong way in turns. It is not always so easy to prove what goes on in the corners with pictures as the boats obviously sponson walk on the waves.

Anyway our new web site
http://www.critical-lift.com

is up and i had never seen most of the pictures my son posted. There is a great shot (IMHO) of us and someone, not sure who, in a corner in the 2000 set of pictures. It is worth looking at even though the pics are loading very slowly. (fighting with Verizon). It is clear that those two boats are leaning into the turn very substantially for cats. What i don't know, but strongly suspect, is that some of the advice on driving cats depends on the degree of lean (if any) a particular manufacturer's boat has. How it corners and what various cornering techniques work best is bound to be affected.

Sorry this is long, but i know that my statements were based on Skaters and Spectres i have driven that all leaned in on the turns. Why they do, and how that all works i leave up to the smart people on this board to tell us.

Ted
Old 01-09-2002, 07:07 PM
Fever500

Cap'n Ted

One of the reasons your site loads slow is because you have 100 pictures to load just in the 2000 section! I would suggest breaking that up at least into two pages!

The other reason is all your pics are like 50k and you are just resizing them in the browser for the thumbnails. Check into a thumbnail program like Thumbsplus to make actual small pictures that are like 4k to use as thumbnails!

This will also help with your bandwidth bills!!

Old 01-09-2002, 10:33 PM
RON

Uncle Toys, The new Cat is Sweet!!
Sounds like your getting great performance with the stock 6.2's!!
Where the twin 6.2's, close in price , to the single 500 efi??
I do like the idea of having the twins!!

Thanks
RON...

Quick Reply: Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.