Whats up with all the BS...?? >

Whats up with all the BS...??

Notices

Whats up with all the BS...??

Old 09-28-2006, 01:07 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,167 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Originally Posted by tweakinit
I really don't have the boating technical knowledge to offer any valuable input, so I have preferred to keep quit, listen, and learn.
No questions on "tweaking something" ?

Although your low post count - I had 2 mysel a month ago but I'm a blabber mouth - I agree with your statement and thus like to see what's going on with everyone.

The plus side is that magazine ads will never let you know who the ass's are, like the internet finally will !!! Same goes for some of the real good companies.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

i have met 2 of my best friends here on OSO.......

mike
Old 09-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakinit
I started the thread because I am aggravated that some people would consider "stealing" from a fellow OSO member. I just don't see any point in tarnishing your name for a few bucks.
Unfortunately some people only live for today and not tomorow... Chit happens.

I'm in the business if hiring IT Engineers and we interview till we're blue in the face, hire referrals, check references, get backdoor references, run technical tests and do background and drug checks. Yet we still have problems on occaision.

It's just life, we live and learn I guess.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
Unfortunately some people only live for today and not tomorow... Chit happens.

I'm in the business if hiring IT Engineers and we interview till we're blue in the face, hire referrals, check references, get backdoor references, run technical tests and do background and drug checks. Yet we still have problems on occaision.

It's just life, we live and learn I guess.

no one cares about you and your problems!!!!!! lets talk about your sister.. i think she digs masher..
Old 09-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's to bad that a few members of this site believe that your credibility is tied to the number of posts you have made, but it sure is a good way to keep new members quiet. I guess your not allow to have an opinion or share or ask for information until you have at least a jillion posts. I have gained a lot of helpful information on this site just by reading and I have also met a large number of great people that are very helpful--so keep on posting and I'll keep on reading and learning.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by never enuff
It's to bad that a few members of this site believe that your credibility is tied to the number of posts you have made, but it sure is a good way to keep new members quiet. I guess your not allow to have an opinion or share or ask for information until you have at least a jillion posts. I have gained a lot of helpful information on this site just by reading and I have also met a large number of great people that are very helpful--so keep on posting and I'll keep on reading and learning.
Jay, your post has no credibility with me since you only have 12 posts.

Im going to try and make it saturday. Ill let you know. what time are you going to be there?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

I think your out of control again--you may need some adult supervision---I think we are going to meet at Mansfield about 9-9:30 and then pick up someone else infront of Shades about 10:30. Look forward to seeing y'all--
Jay
Old 09-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Registered

I have been on this site from the start, it has gone from a nobody to a power house that can actually move the industry. With this power and size comes predators, just like any good web site you get those with an agenda and hide behind screen names and cause trouble. We are very good at weeding these tools out and we will continue to protect our own here and hang the bad seeds out to dry. We have recovered stolen boats, we have saved lives, we have been there for those who we care about and have buried the ones we do not trust. So all in all you have to be careful, you can tell very easily what a person is up to here by their posts, not the number but the quality. I have meet many good friends here, I have never been burned and would do anything for a member in good standing...anything. So the key here is to enjoy the site, take those that are a little "off" with a grain of salt and you will find great people who all share the same love...boats and boating. There will always be crooks, just pay attention and we will point them out so you can save a ton of money and hassle. If you have a question about someone just ask, you will have your answer in a very short time. Have fun and welcome to the Board.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Registered

I am a newbie with a low post count, so of course I don't think the number of times you've voiced an opinion has anything to do with credibility. It just means you have a lot of opinions and a boss who doesn't watch your computer screen. It's the content of those opinions and the basis for them that establish credibility. There certainly are people on this board with more posts that T2X (I imagine he probably has a job that keeps him busy), but no one, at least to my way of reading, has more credibility.

Put it this way: Budweiser sells a lot of beer. Does that make it great beer? (No offense, Bud people.) Volume means nothing in terms of quality, and credibility is about the quality, not quantity, of the information and opinions rendered.

As for this board being able to "move the industry," that's a pretty bold statement, though I appreicate the passion behind it. You'd have to give me an example of that. Spanking Powerboat, for example, for being stupid enough to run an ad from the Save the Manatee Club, doesn't exactly count as moving the industry.

What we have, well, what you guys have since my post count and credibility are so low, is an unbelievable way of connecting and sharing information. As for clout, certainly you can affect the business of a vendor, especially if he's doing evil things. But changing the industry? Not so much.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OSO is part of our daily life and it is a great family! there will always be good and bad... But we are there for each other!

Quick Reply: Whats up with all the BS...??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.