Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
An unrequested endorsement of Steve David >

An unrequested endorsement of Steve David

Notices

An unrequested endorsement of Steve David

Old 01-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Troutly:
<STRONG>

'Gasm rocks....he should have afree OSO sticker sent to him.... </STRONG>
Old 01-04-2002, 12:57 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Bob - Actually, it was for real and not intended to be funny, but I think I see what you're saying...

No - T2x was NOT trying to light his sneaker.

And, Yes - I, too have met Steve David and he is a very nice guy. I hope his actions help bring all of Offshore racing together.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: C_Spray ]
Old 01-04-2002, 01:46 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Happy New Year to you "C"...and no I was not on a plane in the midwest. I am leaving for Belize shortly...a tough spot but somebody has to go there.....

Kent- I've TV color commentated (at times paid, at times voluntarily) for every offshore body in the past 20 years, APBA, OPT, SBR, US Offshore, NPBA, USPBA etc, etc.. Currently I'm not covering any organization outside of Poker Runs, but believe me, I will again in the future. I have also authored columns in various performance and racing periodicals and have always been consistent in my concern for the bigger picture, the future of the sport, the racers (many of whom are close personal friends), and safety over and above any of my personal agendas. I have also railed against multiple sanctioning bodies, believing, in my heart that our sport cannot support more than one and ultimately be successful. That having been said, the question today, I submit, is "Which one?"
Which one has the most legs? Which one has the most potential for truly emerging from the mediocrity that we have witnessed for 30 years(...and continue to witness)? Which one has the most heart? Which one speaks honestly? Which one breeds success? Which one has an open mind? Which one is inclusive and fair? Which one?

The loyalists among you have chosen sides.... sometimes with good reason , oft times with blind faith. But pause to consider, if you will, that before you choose an organization.....you choose a leader, who answers the questions posed above...... not with words...but with deeds. Steve David can and has.

I have been an APBA member since 1963. I've also been a member of OPT, NPBA, US Offshore, etc, I've raced, built boats, lost close friends, served on committees (including, along with Nigel and Steve, the one that nominated Michael), flown over 300 races...in short paid my dues.

In no way does this make my opinion any more valid than anyone else's , but it does allow me to frame conversations pretty well and to ask what I consider to be the important questions... It also has exposed me , thankfully, to some of the greatest people on the planet...and I have repeatedly said that the highest compliment I can imagine is to be called a real boat racer.

Steve David is a real boat racer.... and if he's backing something... I'm supporting it.
Nuff said!

Happy New Year to all,

T2x
Old 01-04-2002, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The only thing better than having a good laugh with Steve David in the Pits...Is having him in your rear view mirror!!!

If you ever get the chance to spend time with Steve...You won't regret it!

Marcus Z.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:06 PM
Registered

Marcus, Happy New Year. How's life?

Rich, how is your re-rig with the 28 progressing? Thanks again for the ride you so graciously took me on. That was truly awesome. I loved it. I cna't wait to see your boat when it is finished. The project you described is going to make that boat really standout.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:27 PM
Kent Perroux

TX2,

1) I was not questioning your ability as a comentator; personally I enjoy your commentaries. You are knowledgable and have an obvious love for the sport. That makes for spectator enjoyment.

2) I have never seen any derogatory statements towards Steve David directly, so it was my concern as to why you wrote such a promotion, unless you are actively supporting a new sanctioning body.

From your post above, you seem to be harsh towards some people as if you feel you have been wronged. You seem to have "joined" a group that wishes to have their own beach to surf on. This is only my assumption from reading your post. I still, have not seen a confirmation (other than reported by others)of the RSVP as being a sanctioning body that will supply racing rules, safety, officials, etc.

Steve David has issued a statement saying that they are a combination of race sites only that will be actively seeking sanctioning by SBI and APBA, not to be a sactioning body. Which is it?

I would like to see some details, but will ask these questions on a new post. We don't need to drag this out.

Old 01-04-2002, 03:35 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

My take on it is that RSVP began with open arms to APBA and SBI asking to run divisional points racing for both groups. It will be up to APBA and SBI to embrace or reject this offer.

Personally I think APBA will reject it and SBI will embrace it.

Should both group reject it then RSVP would have no other option that to write it's own rules and become it's own santioning body.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
First of all I don't race or keep up with all the racing events, rules and who beat who and why, etc, etc etc. I have my own offshore performance boat that I have to keep up with and maintain...it tends to wear my brain out enough, plus I have a business to run as well. I have seen some of Steve David's posts on this forum from time to time and I could always tell in his responses that he was a gentleman and had an extensive amount of knowledge. I was always impressed with what he had to say while not even realizing his extensive background, experience and wealth of knowledge in the marine performance and racing industry. And you're right, life IS VERY precious and there is much more to life than who won a race because 100 years from now it isn't going to matter, rather what we do in this life will echo in eternity. Thanks for your kindness and contributions within this forum Steve. Mark

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: KAAMA ]

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: KAAMA ]
Old 01-04-2002, 04:34 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Kent:

You're reading between lines that I didn't write.
Old 01-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Boat Girl

Talking

Happy New Year T2X...Belize, that is tough ...great post...I agree with you, I have had the chance to meet Steve David at various races...He is a great guy that always has a smile and an undying enthusiasm and passion for the sport...And he does genuinely care for each and every person on the course, in sweep and patrol boats, and everyone off the course...He is a class act...And Steve I love the throwing dirt comment...Something we can all learn from

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Boat Girl ]

Quick Reply: An unrequested endorsement of Steve David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.