Notices

LOTO Summer 2007 ?????

Old 11-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LOTO Summer 2007 ?????

'Em canooks have some serious hardware & nice people to boot. We just need to have them drinking that Budwieser. It was a pleasure meeting ya'll last summer.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Loto...Love it!!!.. Don't have to wait until summer, were coming up to test on that fast water this winter in hopes some of that Budweiser Select speed rubs off on us.

When in Loto ......
Attached Thumbnails LOTO  Summer 2007 ?????-hung-out-plat.jpg  
Old 11-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

There is plenty to do to keep you busy for 7-8 days. Boating 50-60 miles a day is not a problem, but not needed at all. Depending on where you stay, you could easily boat 15-30 miles a day and never get bored. There are literally hundreds of places to go on the water to just hang out. Tons of restaurants and bars. Lots of great coves to hang out. You will cover a lot of the same water as all the smaller channels branch off of the Main/Osage Channel. There is also a lot to do on land---Water Parks, a great Outlet Mall and tons of the typical touristy stuff. For some longer boating trips at LOTO, I would definately go to Bridal Cave and Ha Ha Tonka State Park for one day and make a run up to Big Dick's Halfway Inn another day. These could be 50-80mile round trips depending on where you stay.

I would get a slip at the Public Beach #2 and make that you home base if you plan to stay on the boat. It is the best faciltiy to launch a boat and nice covered docks with shorepower. If you don't have air cond on the boat, I would get a condo. Temps can get real hot(90-100*) with a ton of humidity. Also, if you have kids going with, depending on there age, it gives them a place to stay when the adults want to go to Party Cove.

I'm not sure when we will be down this year. If we are down at the same time as you, we will point you in the right direction for a great time and hook up for a few cold ones.

Last edited by Griff; 11-24-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank's again guy to help me .... cause i have 5 other captain to convince to go at LOTO ...cause it's a 20 hrs traveling time just to go there ...... we have to made a good choice..... anybody have some picture to share ???...
Best Regard's
Old 11-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Registered

loto is nice, i would have a hard time spending 7-8 days there if you want to boat 50-60 miles a day. lots of bars and resturants, sure ... not much else in my opinion. georgian bay, key's and thousand islands much nicer much more to see.

I'am glad i went to loto but if i was planing a 7-8 day trip and i wanted to boat that is not were i would go. does have nice ramps, nice marina's, nice bars's, lots of stuff to entertain kids in town, water quality is not what you are used to.

I would go back to see the shootout though.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Check out www.funlake.com for info as well.

Part of the beauty of LOTO is you can boat for a few hours and go somewhere or you can boat for 15 minutes and be somewhere. I really doubt you will want to boat long distances on the weekends. The lake is pretty much a washing machine of 2-5 foot cruiser wakes from the 3mm to the 35mm on Saturdays.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My take:
- it's possible to sleep at the ancher ??? one night or two
No not without air conditioning at that time of year.
- if we stay 7 to 8 day ....we have enough water to see ...we like to made a 50 to 60 mile a day ???
You wont need to run that far. You wont be able to see/do everything in 8 days. Lots of restaraunts on the water. If your friends like to go to resteraunts/bars or hit the nightlife by water, LOTO is a great place. You and the kids could also spend a day on land if you want.
- lauching ramp .....easy to have ????
PB2 is the best, good location, has parking, docks, gas, and can hadle any size boat.
- Marina ...i think's it's Ok ...i have found a lot ...
There are plenty, just be sure to find one off the channel, the wakes can be bad. Same is true if you get a condo/hotel with a slip.
- and for children ...lot of space to go ...and lot of thing to do ...sand beach ???
There are a few beaches, but not many. One at PB2 and one at Frankie & Louies and some at resorts. Most people go to a quiet cove and let the kids swim. There are dozens of coves to chose from. There's a lot for them to do on land too, depending on age.
- Quality of water is Ok ??
Murky, but fairly clean in most quieter coves. You may want to stay out of the water in the Party Cove after you see the scum line on your boat.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

25 hors la loi

OK, I am NOT bashing LOTO here.

But be aware that LOTO gets ROUGH. There are hardly any tapered shores like gentle land or beaches for wakes/waves to break onto. Its mostly rocks and vertical edges, which take the waves, and splash them right back to the center of the lake. There are quite a few incidents of smaller (less than 30) foot boats getting overcome, swamped, and coming down wrong on a bad wave EVERY year. There are LOTS of massive cruisers which REALLY wake/wave the place up.

There are quite a few LOTO regulars here on OSO. I will admit that I have only been to LOTO one time, and it was not overly busy. However, you should be aware of this since I know you have a 28'8" boat.

I think it might be best for you to at least have a conversation with a few LOTO regulars before you commit; to include your boat sizes, families (kids ages) etc. The party coves are pretty much "Adult Playgrounds" and with the rough water (at times), this may not be a great vacation plan for you.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Like I said earlier, the weekends are busy and water is rough. Its rough from about 11am on Sat till about 4pm on Sun. Other than that timeframe, you could boat the entire lake with a 20 foot boat.
As long as you are familiar with your boat and how it handles, you will be fine. I've boated at LOTO for many years and been through a dozen holiday weekends with a 24 Outlaw and now 28 Pantera.

Also, there are a lot of "Family" party coves around the lake as well. Responsible parents that want to raft up with friends and have their kids along. Plenty of places to hang out with or without the kids. Only 2 beaches on the lake that I know of. One is at Public beach #2 and the other is at restaurant called "Franky & Louie's" Neither is really nice sand. its more like tiny gravel. F&L's is a great place to hang out for both kids and adults.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

LOTO was nothing.. big washing machine and thats it. You will be fine. Just dont go crazy. Shoot out was crowded and dangerous because of the retards but all in all it was cool. Just be careful running super fast during that weekend anyways.... Pic is from LOTO on Thursday before shoot out.
Attached Thumbnails LOTO  Summer 2007 ?????-slim-final.jpg  

Quick Reply: LOTO Summer 2007 ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.