Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show! >

Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Notices

Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Old 12-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

I also hope that unbiased reporting and filming will be
allowed for this world record kilo attempt.

Good luck and be safe.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Registered

I admire the guts and tenacity of everyone involved and I wish them safe and swift travels, but I think Phil Lipschutz said it really well in the last issue of Powerboat:

"I don't think a V-bottom has any business going 170, 180 mph. If you want to go real fast, buy a cat."
Old 12-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Rippem
other than one man's ego running a very specialized "version" of the boat he sells, loosely at best associated with the boat you can buy

I just don't get the point anymore...

I guess if the Fountain masses do see this as more important than the quality control and customer service failures...

well...get out the pom-poms!
When OL ran there imaginary Speed record you guys were all gushing and gettin oral with each other. Now that it will probably get even further out of reach its all an ego trip? Look at it this way, if the Fountain goes even faster OL can swipe some of the R&D and make there boats a little faster and better handling, its a win win situation, wish him luck. As far as customer service goes I don't think there's a builder out there who hasn't been accused of stroking there customers, your majesty included......
Old 12-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by louietherigger
When OL ran there imaginary Speed record you guys were all gushing and gettin oral with each other. Now that it will probably get even further out of reach its all an ego trip? Look at it this way, if the Fountain goes even faster OL can swipe some of the R&D and make there boats a little faster and better handling, its a win win situation, wish him luck. As far as customer service goes I don't think there's a builder out there who hasn't been accused of stroking there customers, your majesty included......
Does Fountain feel the record is in JEOPARDY ??

I doubt it, so why risk everything now. I am not a big Fountain lover (Except '42 PR) but I like Reggie and have met him more than a few times. He's even presented me with a trophy or two while I was racing.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree w/ Semper Fi. Let's see a true speed contest with real boats running Identical power. Set parameters, this just being a loose idea, along the lines of:
38 - 42 feet
Pair of sealed 525's (staggered or side/side)
Minimum weight requirements
Measured Kilo Run

Real boats, real speeds, real world fastest hull design.
OSS & SBI do it with race boats, now we need someone like Powerboat Mag. and a few manufacturers to get on board for poker run/ pleasure boats.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Registered

I don't believe 525's in 38' to 42' boats will prove much of anything. Many of the performance boats
in the spectator fleet at the Lake Rescues Shoot-Out have this much power and many are
embarrassed to show their lackluster speeds compared to what boats are signed-up to run.

What we need is a real certified kilo course set up. ( It's been done many times before )
Invite everyone. Give alternate weather dates and "LET'S GET IT ON"
If you lose or if just plain miss it, too phukin bad. Quit whining.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I disagree 9 lives, There are 525 boats barely breaking 80 mph and there are 525 boats that are dam near hitting the century mark. I think it says a helluva lot more about who has the fastest hull.
I can shoe horn a blown 572 into a tube chasis fiberglass bodied car that looks like a Camaro/Mustang whatever and run it once or twice down the track. Does that really reflect what a production Camaro/ Mustang whatever can do?
I understand one off boats for R/D and lightweight special built boats for racing but to really show which company has the fastest hull let's see a truely even match up. It is just my opinion take it for what it is worth.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Registered

You guys keep talking about production hulls. Reggie is going for the World's Fastest V Bottom record, which he already holds. He not going for the World's fastest 38' V bottom with 525's record. He's focused on HUGE speed just like the Bacardi guys were when they broke 200mph. They weren't focused on the world's fastest 36' Cat Hull with 525's record.

If you want similar boats compared, then read your various boating magizines. Reggie, right now, wants to up the ante for World's Fastest V Bottom. ****ing Excellent. Some of his R&D will make it to the production line. Not in real time. Not every bit of info will be transfered into a production boat.

We never would have made it to the moon if we were going for highest orbiting space craft with 525's in it.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:59 AM
Registered

The mark was set and never beat for 2 years now....
Now there's a new boat capable of smoking that number, 190's I heard.
Would you ride with anyone other than RF in a Kilo attempt? I thought so.
He likes speed...whats wrong with that?
It's just like going to the Drag Strip...except one has to be set up on the water by officials for accurate and legit numbers.
Their 29, 35, 38, 42, and 47 are the fastest factory equiped V's...no need to worry there.

Last edited by Back4More; 12-14-2006 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Dredgeking
You guys keep talking about production hulls. Reggie is going for the World's Fastest V Bottom record, which he already holds. He not going for the World's fastest 38' V bottom with 525's record. He's focused on HUGE speed just like the Bacardi guys were when they broke 200mph. They weren't focused on the world's fastest 36' Cat Hull with 525's record.

If you want similar boats compared, then read your various boating magizines. Reggie, right now, wants to up the ante for World's Fastest V Bottom. ****ing Excellent. Some of his R&D will make it to the production line. Not in real time. Not every bit of info will be transfered into a production boat.

We never would have made it to the moon if we were going for highest orbiting space craft with 525's in it.
That's damn near exactly what I was going to type!!!Take that 525 BS to another thread. This is a biggest balls contest, plain and simple! And further, I for one could give two chits who laid up the hull! It doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck and safe travels to the Fountain people.

Quick Reply: Fountain New Kilo Record by Miami Show!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.