single v bottom with #6

Old 03-08-2018, 08:04 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,171 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris12
TeamSaris How much below or above bottom
​​​​is the shaft ?
Honestly it's as high as we can get it and it's still a little too low. Other than that, not totally sure.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice setup!!
I want to realize a similar project now.

​​​​​​​Would say it is above bottom or?!
Wet sump upper and dry sump lower? What gear is in the drive?
Old 03-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 603 Likes on 361 Posts

Wow, that is amazing
Old 03-09-2018, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 932 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Honestly it's as high as we can get it and it's still a little too low. Other than that, not totally sure.
Very cool. Looks like it’s got to be pretty close to the bottom, maybe a couple inches under. How’s it run with the 4 blade, bow lift etc...?
Old 03-10-2018, 08:06 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,171 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet

Very cool. Looks like it’s got to be pretty close to the bottom, maybe a couple inches under. How’s it run with the 4 blade, bow lift etc...?
Could use a little more. It can get a little bow-steery in the high 90s but its not bad. It needs more prop all around to be honest....it's on the limiter hard. But the acceleration is genuinely mind blowing plus with the small wheel its a breeze at the docks. Always a trade off. The owner is a smart guy. No reason to push this thing to 110....get a bigger boat lol.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Registered

Bringing this one back just because it’s an interesting read. 2005 25 Outlaw 509ci Whipple, was a 525efi but bored to 4.5” and a couple other changes. Boost pretty low at 6psi. Haven’t had the motor dynoed but I was told when I bought the motor 775hp.

Current drive setup now is a scx4 #6 shaft .25” below the pad, 12” extension box. Runs better than it did with the scx 2.25” below. More torque steer that I’ll have to address but actually have better trim response. I’ve ran a Maximus, 5 speed, 4 blade cleaver, 5 blade round ear cleaver, and a 4 speed. Best prop so far is the 17” diameter 5 blade round ear cleaver. 5 blade bravo style props are actually about the same slip as the 17” cleaver. The issue I have now is as I trim the slip increases negating any speed increase, rpms climb but that’s because of more slip. Same speed if the trim is in all the way crushing the waves with the front or if it’s riding on the top. Might have to try a spacer or modifying more props... One thing that gets me is how do the bravo style 5 blades hook up as well as a 5 blade cleaver with cup added in the rounded ears? Lots of testing and tuning trying to do something like this.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Bringing this one back just because it’s an interesting read. 2005 25 Outlaw 509ci Whipple, was a 525efi but bored to 4.5” and a couple other changes. Boost pretty low at 6psi. Haven’t had the motor dynoed but I was told when I bought the motor 775hp.

Current drive setup now is a scx4 #6 shaft .25” below the pad, 12” extension box. Runs better than it did with the scx 2.25” below. More torque steer that I’ll have to address but actually have better trim response. I’ve ran a Maximus, 5 speed, 4 blade cleaver, 5 blade round ear cleaver, and a 4 speed. Best prop so far is the 17” diameter 5 blade round ear cleaver. 5 blade bravo style props are actually about the same slip as the 17” cleaver. The issue I have now is as I trim the slip increases negating any speed increase, rpms climb but that’s because of more slip. Same speed if the trim is in all the way crushing the waves with the front or if it’s riding on the top. Might have to try a spacer or modifying more props... One thing that gets me is how do the bravo style 5 blades hook up as well as a 5 blade cleaver with cup added in the rounded ears? Lots of testing and tuning trying to do something like this.
What RPM and how fast? Its not 100% of the time, but a lot of the fast single Vee's run a LH prop.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TxHawk
What RPM and how fast? Its not 100% of the time, but a lot of the fast single Vee's run a LH prop.
5400rpm at 83. 17x30 5 blade cleaver. I should be at 5600-6000 so taking some diameter out should increase rpm. Both time out testing props have been windy pretty rough days, so not ideal conditions.

What benefit does a left hand prop have? I know the single fountains like left hand rotation. I ran a left hand prop a couple years ago just because I couldnt find a RH 26 bravo. Boat leaned to starboard pretty bad.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the pad design of the hull......some hulls have the pad offset of the center-line to help counteract prop torque on single engine boats.

On a hull without a pad (like your Baja) I would believe a right hand rotation prop would be more advantageous since it should help counteract some engine torque (different directions).

Having said that I thinks a bravo is slightly stronger/more durable in one direction vs. the other...but dont remember which (likely when the bottom of the upper gears is engaged)............so that may influence single engine boat prop rotation selection as well.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:53 PM
Registered

The 25 Outlaw has a pad and a small notch, pretty sure it’s not offset. I believe the bottom gear is the forward gear in RH rotation.

Quick Reply: single v bottom with #6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.