Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Boat Mag. Article On Lake Cumberland PR. >

Hot Boat Mag. Article On Lake Cumberland PR.

Notices

Hot Boat Mag. Article On Lake Cumberland PR.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs down Hot Boat Mag. Article On Lake Cumberland PR.

Did anyone read the articles on the Lake Cumberland PR. They were the worst written pieces of crap that I have ever read. It was grammatically incorrect. I guess education doesn't pay to Kevin Spaise. He repeatedly refers to the town of Cumberland. It is Somerset. Instead of good pictures of the PR docks, they show beningn photos, and a picture of a sign that says," Kentucky, Where Education Pays." He, in the second article about Lake Cumberland Marine refers to Outer Limits(two words) and owner Mike Fire, Ski Nautilus. The article seems to be written with a slant of prepetuating the idea of Kentucky being a bunch of Hillbillies. I guess we should all be so lucky to live in So. Cal. I have to go there from time to time. I know better.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Hot Boat Mag. Article On Lake Cumberland PR.

Haven't seen the article - I gave up on HotBoat a few years ago.
I just couldn't get into all the "open bow offshores" and ski boats.

You can have So. Cal. I have to go there next week, and not really looking forward to it - fortunately it's only two days.

The Cumberland run was great this year. I was running with friends in thier 35 Executioner. Saw a lot of really nice hardware (nicest boat I saw was bschoe's Cig ) and it was a good, safe run.
I was only transplanted to Kentucky 4 yrs ago, and I have to admit alot of the locals are "hillbillies" IMO. But, anyone that was out there weren't the hillbillies.
There were people from all over the country that made the run, and it's a beautiful lake, and a well organized run.