Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center >

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Notices

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Old 01-31-2003, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember sitting in my office wondering if the colleagues we had left behind in the Trade Center when most of us got moved to Houston were still alive. I remember the joy of finding out that they were, but I also remember being numb for weeks. Still chokes me up and brings tears to my eyes. We must never forget and do everything we can to make sure it never happens again.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:09 AM
Registered

Yes brings back that whole day ..I was the first to hear it at our dealer I told them all and they looked at me like yea ok ...the next six hours we answered some calls and sat around a TV...wierd...Sad..

Gmhdfan ??? I agree with your post with our liberal fan Supercrash ..what kind of boat do you have ???? NONE!!! is the answer!!!! typical liberal seminar caller!!!!! probbaly has never owned anything!!! ..well maybee a honda with a Gore sticker.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:39 AM
Kent Perroux

Thanks for bringing this thread back up. It is a good reminder of why our country needs to take a firm stand on terrorism.

On Sept 11, at 8:44 a.m., my plane touched down in DC. Had to drive back to Florida. I remember DC like a bad movie. No cars, no people, only a few Military helichopters. I will never forget that day.

Old 01-31-2003, 09:57 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy I remember...

I remember all the civilians, police officers, paramedics, and firefighters that lost their lives that day.
Some cuts run deep, and some scars never heal.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cashmoney,
I for one would appreciate it you would remove this drivel from this thread and start a new one if you are that animate about it. Don't descicrate this thread, please. There are plenty of other threads on the topic these days.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:34 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

I think that part of the problem in today's society is the media's need to tell you exactly what is happening within seconds of it taking place. What ever happened to TRUSTING the man you elected as President to do the right thing for your country and the world we live in. There's a reason why our President isn't telling us EVERY FRIGGIN DETAIL ABOUT WHAT THEY KNOW! As an average American citizen, I don't think we need/have the right to know every secret detail our military has on potential threats/enemies.

I know it was before my time, but in the days before up to the instant news, we didn't hear about what our military did for hours, days, and sometimes weeks. But yet, somehow our trust in our President got us through and made us a stronger nation.

I'm not advocating giving Bush blind trust. Just take the info you've been given and give the man your trust that he'll do the right thing for us. If he doesn't, then use your right to vote when it is time for his re-election.

Just my .02 for whatever its worth.

Last edited by Laveyman; 01-31-2003 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:00 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Boxcutters ???

No , my friend , they attacked us with four jet planes.

Lets take this to the other thread out of respect to those this thread is intended to memorialize.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

Laveyman,
I could not agree w/ you more. I really think the media needs to take a hike most of the time. I recently had a class at OSU about the media. One HUGE topic of debate was the media being captured during times of war. Our professor showed sever tapes of what was going on.....totally crazy. Men & women in the middle of a war, blowing each other up, and some nut w/ a tape recorder. My prof. said that is what the people "back home" deserve to know. Totally my personal opinion, but if the nut w/ the tape recorder expects to get special treatment and not be treated as part of the war, then get the hell out of there!!!!

Aqua
Old 01-31-2003, 12:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I understand that and commend you for bring this thread back to light. However, the tone of your posts struck me as quite pessimistic and provocative leading to argument. Please don't take it the wrong way, I meant no disrespect. I just don't think this is the proper thread to debate these new circumstances. This thread was and is a memorial of our collective reactions to an unthinkable event, not a war debate. Let's leave it as that.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Registered

Default Yea

Take this discussion here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...highlight=al+q

There is 2 hours of war debate reading there.

Leave this thread to memorial. I will be deleting my above posts. Please do the same.

Last edited by at100plus; 01-31-2003 at 12:31 PM.

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.