WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center >

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Notices

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Old 09-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I posted this today in a thread titled "Remembering 911"; Todd Harrison is a guy that ran Jim Cramers hedge fund and was in a neighboring bldg on 9/11; he now runs a financial website called Minyanville...what happened on 9/11 changed his life forever and if you ever have an inclination to follow the financials his website is a good place to start...this is an excerpt from his post this morning...

Remembering 9/11 by Todd Harrisson

I'm not the same person I was before the attacks but that’s alright; I’m entirely sure that I'm a better man because of them.

Life Goes On

Something good comes from all things bad and the blessing of September 11th, for me, was one of perspective.

I appreciate the things I once took for granted but never thought to question.

I understand the difference between having fun and being happy.

I realize time is a precious commodity and the arbiter of fate.

I’ve learned that a dream is only as powerful as those who believe in it, the difference between lessons and mistakes are the ability to learn from them and that the friction between opinions is where true education is born.

And after a long, hard road, I’ve found that negative energy is wasted energy, money comes and goes and viewing obstacles as opportunities defines success.

Eight years after that fateful day, our country finds itself in a fragile socioeconomic state and a false sense of security. It’s easy to be angry, place blame and lash out as the ramifications of the financial crisis ripple, the next wave approaches and policymakers seek solutions that will lower the standard of living for our children.

Today, however, is a day of reflection, a day of remembrance, a day of personal introspection.

If the greatest wisdom is bred as a function of pain, we’re blessed with the opportunity to evolve and the experience to remember.

It should never take something bad to make us realize we've got it good and we have profound reasons for gratitude.

On this day, September 11th, let’s take a moment to appreciate what we have rather than lament about what we don’t.

Tomorrow, as they say, is promised to nobody.

May peace be with you.

R.P.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Once again...

Today, however, is a day of reflection, a day of remembrance, a day of personal introspection.

If the greatest wisdom is bred as a function of pain, we’re blessed with the opportunity to evolve and the experience to remember.

It should never take something bad to make us realize we've got it good and we have profound reasons for gratitude.

On this day, September 11th, let’s take a moment to appreciate what we have rather than lament about what we don’t.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Shoot'n Motion @ 1/80 Sec
Commercial Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mpally
Hey fellas, this is ridiculous. This post is pulled up near the anniversary of 9/11. I don't want to read all the bullchit in this post year after year. If you want to post personal opinions, use a different thread for that. Lets not ruin this thread.
I agree with this statement 100%. Don't let political or religious beliefs taint the purpose of this thread. Every Anniversary, I pause for several moments of silence. On Sept. 11, 2001, I was a Fire-Fighter. Though I did not know anyone that died in the attacks, the losses hit me hard. Fire-Fighting, just like many other organizations is a Brother/ Sister-hood. And though I am no longer a Fire-fighter, I have also been in & out of the US Army, to which I am now re-joining, in the National Guard. I currently have many close friends fighting for our Country, in both Theaters' of Operation. Please keep the politics out of the thread, and pray for those that are fighting for our Freedom, 7,000 miles away.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://www.minyanville.com/special-f.../2010/id/30017
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in my last week of basic training during 9/11/2001. Our drill instructor asked who was SF. A few of us raised our hands. He said "Yall Fukt"!

We were sent back to our home stations and put to work immediately guarding air bases.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omerta one
I posted this today in a thread titled "Remembering 911"; Todd Harrison is a guy that ran Jim Cramers hedge fund and was in a neighboring bldg on 9/11; he now runs a financial website called Minyanville...what happened on 9/11 changed his life forever and if you ever have an inclination to follow the financials his website is a good place to start...this is an excerpt from his post this morning...

Remembering 9/11 by Todd Harrisson

I'm not the same person I was before the attacks but that’s alright; I’m entirely sure that I'm a better man because of them.

Life Goes On

Something good comes from all things bad and the blessing of September 11th, for me, was one of perspective.

I appreciate the things I once took for granted but never thought to question.

I understand the difference between having fun and being happy.

I realize time is a precious commodity and the arbiter of fate.

I’ve learned that a dream is only as powerful as those who believe in it, the difference between lessons and mistakes are the ability to learn from them and that the friction between opinions is where true education is born.

And after a long, hard road, I’ve found that negative energy is wasted energy, money comes and goes and viewing obstacles as opportunities defines success.

Eight years after that fateful day, our country finds itself in a fragile socioeconomic state and a false sense of security. It’s easy to be angry, place blame and lash out as the ramifications of the financial crisis ripple, the next wave approaches and policymakers seek solutions that will lower the standard of living for our children.

May peace be with you.

R.P.
Too bad this thread didn't end on that post. Thanks omerta I think we all needed that.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You can read the rest here...

http://www.minyanville.com/special-f.../2010/id/30017
Old 09-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Administrators

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please show respect for the thread topic, do not bash other members, and no political discussions in this thread. There is a section for discussing politics. Please use it.

Last edited by IB-Mod; 09-11-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Although IB's post is a bit sharp-tongued, the point is well taken. Let's put our posts in their proper places.

Last edited by ChristianGott; 09-11-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Registered

Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

Wow, I remember this post when it happened. Very sad..

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.