Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center >

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Notices

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Old 09-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember those that perished on this day.

And those that perished, keeping the rest of us safe.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Registered

We will never forget! God Bless America!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Registered

Remember all that lost their lives on this day and the heroic efforts of the first responders and so many others. That day changed our country and is etched forever in my memory.

No debate or arguments today...just close your eyes and say a silent prayer
Old 09-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Banned

sorry for all that is lost and appreciate the thoughts for us troops over here. But almost ten years later Im sorry to say I think we have lost sight of why we came here and to be honest I dont think any of us know why we are here anymore.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still shaken and my mouth gets dry, when I think about the events of 9/11 and see pictures like those in the media recently.

My personal recollection of being there, that day:

It started out so promising, a beautiful, warm day, with bright blue skies. After an hour or so of work, someone came into the office and said a small plane had hit the tower. We went to the break room and clustered around the TV. Soon, one by one, we wandered outside and stood in the parking lot, watching in dis-belief at the first tower burning. We were working our cell phone address books, calling those we knew in the towers. Few got through. Then the news, is was a commercial airliner. Some time passed. Then, a sound -- distant -- nearer -- jet noise. Some said, 'look another plane'. I said no....it is leaving from LaGuardia...', then I realized -- it was another plane. A ball of fire, the radios we were listening to went to static. Everyone in the parking lot, personally knew some in the towers. Tough business professionals, who seldom let the masks fall, were teary eyed. The news continued to come. Rumors of other planes. The Pentagon. Rumors of the White House and the Capital. The crash in PA. The beginning of the rescue. In the days that followed, the rescue became recovery, and the recovery became mourning. The endless parade of funeral services for those we knew, and lost. Soon, all that was left to do, was remove the debris.

In the hours, days, weeks and months ahead, we saw a nation, that was united. A war effort, whose cause was just, and whose motives were true.

Today, few remember. Even fewer want to fight the fight for our freedom, to fight for our values, to fight for the dream that our founding fathers had for our land, to fight for our way of life, and to fight for our worldview.

I will never forget those who 'ran in' to save others.
I will never forget those were killed in a act of terror.
I will never forget those who laid their lives on the alter of freedom, for all of us.
I will never forget the families and friends left behind.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Banned

RIP to all those that gave everything that day..... i remember sitting in my office and reading this thread as my first hearing of the attack...... godspeed
Old 09-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered

I was at the airport about to leave when the first plane hit. Everyone went into the bar to watch the TV. Just before our plane boarded the 2nd one hit, and all planes were grounded.

As we were watching, I told my peeps the building would collapse there was no way it could handle the heat. About 15 minutes later the first tower collapsed.

Everyone was in shock, we went to go get our bags, and they had all the bags from all the planes stacked in huge piles.

We will never forget.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at home that morning waiting for a call for a haul job. I had just come in from walking the dogs when my wife called from work and told me to turn on the TV. My first thought when I saw the replay of the first plane was "al Qaeda". It didn't look like an accident. The plane flew too fast and too straight to be an accident. And then the second plane, then the Pentagon, then Shanksville, it was a nightmare, everything happening so quickly, one after the other.

Mixed in with my sadness on this day is anger that the top two responsible for these cowardly attacks have not been caught.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
I am still shaken and my mouth gets dry, when I think about the events of 9/11 and see pictures like those in the media recently.

My personal recollection of being there, that day:

It started out so promising, a beautiful, warm day, with bright blue skies. After an hour or so of work, someone came into the office and said a small plane had hit the tower. We went to the break room and clustered around the TV. Soon, one by one, we wandered outside and stood in the parking lot, watching in dis-belief at the first tower burning. We were working our cell phone address books, calling those we knew in the towers. Few got through. Then the news, is was a commercial airliner. Some time passed. Then, a sound -- distant -- nearer -- jet noise. Some said, 'look another plane'. I said no....it is leaving from LaGuardia...', then I realized -- it was another plane. A ball of fire, the radios we were listening to went to static. Everyone in the parking lot, personally knew some in the towers. Tough business professionals, who seldom let the masks fall, were teary eyed. The news continued to come. Rumors of other planes. The Pentagon. Rumors of the White House and the Capital. The crash in PA. The beginning of the rescue. In the days that followed, the rescue became recovery, and the recovery became mourning. The endless parade of funeral services for those we knew, and lost. Soon, all that was left to do, was remove the debris.

In the hours, days, weeks and months ahead, we saw a nation, that was united. A war effort, whose cause was just, and whose motives were true.

Today, few remember. Even fewer want to fight the fight for our freedom, to fight for our values, to fight for the dream that our founding fathers had for our land, to fight for our way of life, and to fight for our worldview.

I will never forget those who 'ran in' to save others.
I will never forget those were killed in a act of terror.
I will never forget those who laid their lives on the alter of freedom, for all of us.
I will never forget the families and friends left behind.
Very nice! God bless
Old 09-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default never forget

I will never forget. The 911 attack was the inspiration for the graphics on Freedom US1. I can not look at this boat with out remembering 911 and feeling a swell of pride and privlege to fortunate to live in this great country. We will withstand attacks from without and within.
Attached Thumbnails WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center-dsc04154.jpg  

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.