Notices

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Old 09-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Those are the pictures that bothers me the most, that act of terrorism forced people to committe suicide JUMPING out a window to certain death, and that REALLY PISSES ME OFF.

Last edited by IB-Mod; 09-14-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with you, Lee.

Last edited by IB-Mod; 09-14-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
I am still shaken and my mouth gets dry, when I think about the events of 9/11 and see pictures like those in the media recently.

My personal recollection of being there, that day:

It started out so promising, a beautiful, warm day, with bright blue skies. After an hour or so of work, someone came into the office and said a small plane had hit the tower. We went to the break room and clustered around the TV. Soon, one by one, we wandered outside and stood in the parking lot, watching in dis-belief at the first tower burning. We were working our cell phone address books, calling those we knew in the towers. Few got through. Then the news, is was a commercial airliner. Some time passed. Then, a sound -- distant -- nearer -- jet noise. Some said, 'look another plane'. I said no....it is leaving from LaGuardia...', then I realized -- it was another plane. A ball of fire, the radios we were listening to went to static. Everyone in the parking lot, personally knew some in the towers. Tough business professionals, who seldom let the masks fall, were teary eyed. The news continued to come. Rumors of other planes. The Pentagon. Rumors of the White House and the Capital. The crash in PA. The beginning of the rescue. In the days that followed, the rescue became recovery, and the recovery became mourning. The endless parade of funeral services for those we knew, and lost. Soon, all that was left to do, was remove the debris.

In the hours, days, weeks and months ahead, we saw a nation, that was united. A war effort, whose cause was just, and whose motives were true.

Today, few remember. Even fewer want to fight the fight for our freedom, to fight for our values, to fight for the dream that our founding fathers had for our land, to fight for our way of life, and to fight for our worldview.

I will never forget those who 'ran in' to save others.
I will never forget those were killed in a act of terror.
I will never forget those who laid their lives on the alter of freedom, for all of us.
I will never forget the families and friends left behind.
A beautiful, yet heart-breaking recollection.Thanks for the recount. Sorry for what you went through. Godspeed to those who did not escape.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
I am still shaken and my mouth gets dry, when I think about the events of 9/11 and see pictures like those in the media recently.

My personal recollection of being there, that day:

It started out so promising, a beautiful, warm day, with bright blue skies. After an hour or so of work, someone came into the office and said a small plane had hit the tower. We went to the break room and clustered around the TV. Soon, one by one, we wandered outside and stood in the parking lot, watching in dis-belief at the first tower burning. We were working our cell phone address books, calling those we knew in the towers. Few got through. Then the news, is was a commercial airliner. Some time passed. Then, a sound -- distant -- nearer -- jet noise. Some said, 'look another plane'. I said no....it is leaving from LaGuardia...', then I realized -- it was another plane. A ball of fire, the radios we were listening to went to static. Everyone in the parking lot, personally knew some in the towers. Tough business professionals, who seldom let the masks fall, were teary eyed. The news continued to come. Rumors of other planes. The Pentagon. Rumors of the White House and the Capital. The crash in PA. The beginning of the rescue. In the days that followed, the rescue became recovery, and the recovery became mourning. The endless parade of funeral services for those we knew, and lost. Soon, all that was left to do, was remove the debris.

In the hours, days, weeks and months ahead, we saw a nation, that was united. A war effort, whose cause was just, and whose motives were true.

Today, few remember. Even fewer want to fight the fight for our freedom, to fight for our values, to fight for the dream that our founding fathers had for our land, to fight for our way of life, and to fight for our worldview.

I will never forget those who 'ran in' to save others.
I will never forget those were killed in a act of terror.
I will never forget those who laid their lives on the alter of freedom, for all of us.
I will never forget the families and friends left behind.

Thank you so much for posting that.My wifes cousin was on the rooftop of her building a few blocks away.Her story is very much like yours.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:25 PM
jfm
Registered

Thanks IB-Mod for cleaning this up! I was working harbor side that day and didn't see the first one hit but saw the after math. As the entire job site watched the first tower burning we watched the second plane come by and hit tower 2. It was the most gut wrenching thing I have ever seen and can only wish peace for all those who have suffered from this.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Registered

Guys that picture of the people who jumped bothers me Imensely. I once had a conversation with someone who had tried to comit suicide though.

He told me that It was something he did to regain control of his life. To take back that last peice of what he felt was out of control.

So In a way these people took back the power from the terrorists. They decided how to go out on thier own terms when faced with the situation.

They did all they could to go out, thier way!
At least thats how I think of it.

It makes them all HEROS in thier own right.

What makes me sick is that BIN LADEN hasnt been captured yet!

WTF has happened to this country that we can't get good enough intel to capture this peice of sh&^.

It needs to be done for all of these good people who suffered.

God Bless all of the people who lost thier liives and all of the people who lost loved ones.

My heart breaks for you all.

We are still thinking of you!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sutphen I agree God Bless the victims and Protect their Loved ones.Terrible, tragic and as of yet a unpunished event.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I don't look at nice days the same way anymore. The weather was absolutely perfect that day, blue sky, no humidity, not even a white puffy cloud. Whenever I see a day like that now, I call it a 9/11 day, and everyone I'm with knows exactly what I'm talking about. I will never, ever, get over that day. Fortunately, I lost only one close friend that day, but the numerous friends of mine that made it out, they're not really here anymore. They're just not quite the same. I want phuckin Bin Ladens head on a platter. The emotions coming out of me while I am beating this piece of crap to death is overwhelming. What goes around, comes around ( obviously I don't believe in the same God as Bin Laden ). Some day. Godspeed
Old 09-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boyd Racing Eng
I will never forget. The 911 attack was the inspiration for the graphics on Freedom US1. I can not look at this boat with out remembering 911 and feeling a swell of pride and privlege to fortunate to live in this great country. We will withstand attacks from without and within.
I love that paint scheme already, but that really makes it that much more inspirational. Good for Jim and everyone involved.

No words really for that day. You all know and you've all covered it better than I could.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
I don't look at nice days the same way anymore. The weather was absolutely perfect that day, blue sky, no humidity, not even a white puffy cloud. Whenever I see a day like that now, I call it a 9/11 day, and everyone I'm with knows exactly what I'm talking about. I will never, ever, get over that day. Fortunately, I lost only one close friend that day, but the numerous friends of mine that made it out, they're not really here anymore. They're just not quite the same. I want phuckin Bin Ladens head on a platter. The emotions coming out of me while I am beating this piece of crap to death is overwhelming. What goes around, comes around ( obviously I don't believe in the same God as Bin Laden ). Some day. Godspeed

I know what you mean. I was working on a house up on a mountain here in Avon CT that day. Outside and up high on the roof. I remember vividly a plane going over Just as I left the job, which never really caught my attention before. I was only a few minutes from home and I ran home to get something for the job and saw the first one had hit on TV.

I sat down and watched and wondered if that was the plane that flew over. Then the rest of the day unfolded. I had allot of fraternity brothers who worked in the City so I wondered about them, but to my knowledgenone of them was in the trade centers.

However in an odd coincidence a fire firefighter who had the same name as me passed away that day in the towers.

It was very strange to be looking over the names of those lost for freinds who may have been in the towers and see your own name.

I really wish we could focus our efforts on getting bin laden. We need to do that for the people we lost.

I dont think anyone in the USA could possibly be against using resources to find and kill him and if they are against it they need to find a NEW HOME.

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.