WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center >

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Notices

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Old 09-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will never forget flying into Teterboro right a few days after. As we set up for the approach, I could see the search lights and smoke. Made it extremely hard to focus on flying the plane. Just a few miles from the airport, I began to smell it in the cockpit. That night I looked out my hotel room, and could see it from my room. Of all the flights I've made so far in my life, that is one that will always be on my mind. I flew over a dozen flights bringing families and friends back for services in NY and DC in the following month or two. Each one was an honor.

May the families and friends of those lost find peace and solace, and know that as a nation, we will always grieve with and for them.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Registered
Gold Member

We will never forget.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529348[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529349[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center-screen-shot-2014-09-11-10.47.00-am.jpg   WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center-screen-shot-2014-09-11-10.48.54-am.jpg  
Old 09-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I will never forget.... and never forgive!!!! (and I am a pretty fraking forgiving SOB)
Old 09-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I never had a desire to visit NY city...just not a fan of big cities at all...but since that day it feel I have too now! Want to bring the wife and son along...he was 4 back then...think it would put a little more reality to the event to him much like the Vietnam wall was to me when I visited it as a boy scout...I sure didn't think it would affect me like I did! I'm sure the memorial there will too.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered

Just read all 54 pages again! God bless this great nation!

9/11 is a day no American should ever forget. Thanks and prayers to all who lost and or gave their lives so we can enjoy the freedoms we live each and every day here in the USA.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Registered

I've been a volunteer fire fighter for quite some time now. This day cuts deep. 343 of my FDNY Brothers laid their lives down in service to their fellow man. Some of them HAD TO KNOW they wouldn't survive the event and ran as fast as they could towards it anyway. That chokes me up to the point of tears.

RIP Brothers, we've got the watch.

John 15:13
Old 09-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Registered

Been on this website for a few years but the first time I have seen this thread. I still remember where I was, what I was doing and how devestated/scared/confused I was. Reading the first few pages still gave me chills. My sis lives there and was catching a bus at the wtc daily to go to a tv show shoot. The night before she received a call that for whatever reason they were not shooting the next day, 9/11. We didn't hear from her till late that night because they shut down all cell phone communication.

We must never forget those who lost their lives in the planes, in the towers, firemen, police officers, etc. This crap that is going on with these cowards in ISIS has scared the CRAP out of me. Unfortunately the clown in the White House has forgotten what it was like on 9/11. On top of that he and his cronies want to take the guns out of people's hands who want to protect their families and freely let criminals cross our borders to get votes. That is NOT what this country stands for. If THEY don't like it, GET THE F*** OUT of this great country.

WAKE THE F*** UP AMERICA. Quit voting for people that want to destroy what we stand for. Quit voting for career politicians. Quit voting for these bunch of NANCY's who are scared to hurt peoples feelings. Vote for people that are going to abide by the constitution and uphold the laws we have on the books. Just like they promise to do the day they take office.

Never Forget! NEVER EVER FORGET!!!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:46 AM
DJD
Registered

Hey all.. DJD here (David Dall) the one who started this thread.
Sitting in the same chair at my home office & can remember every moment as it unfolded.
I don't know if all of the old gang are still here but I ended up going with my construction crew the following day to help dig. Over the next few days, several others from OSO came down and met us to help on "the pile". Miller? You still around? Oh man, what a time in our lives.............
I was watching all of the documentaries tonight. One of the chilling ones is the "102 minutes that changed America". I felt as if it were happening all over again.
I'll never forget my time when we first walked in through a tunnel. A priest stopped us as we went in with several firemen and said "I don't know if you are prepared for what you are going to see". I sure wasn't.
Looking back, thinking about that first night is scary in itself. When I was there, it was all a blur & I didn't have time to really think about what was happening. All I can remember is thinking that there were people trapped below us & I needed to get them out.
We never did find anyone alive

You see the signs everywhere but I will guarantee you one thing, I'll never forget.

Best to all,
David Dall
Old 09-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

I was standing in my driveway working on a Donzi today and thinking, today was 9/11. I like the rest of you know exactly where I was and what I was doing (working in DC way to close to the Pentagon). Then something else dawned on me. Anyone that lived through it will always remember pre 9/11 and post 9/11 and how nothing would be the same again after that day. Being in my driveway within sight of the spot that Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner and this weekend being the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Ft McHenry, 200 years ago today was Baltimore's Sept 10th. Also 200 years ago tomorrow from that spot in my driveway I would have been watching British ships of the line going by after burning Washington on their way to war in my backyard. Then the Blue Angles flew over in formation low and slow right over my house and I moved on to other stuff.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:05 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Going through some of this past season's images that never made it online ..... Freedom Tower - Beyond the Walls

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.