Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center >

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Notices

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Old 09-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No kidding, thought and prayers to everyone who was affected. Especially our first responders, past and present.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by BBCLiberator
No kidding, thought and prayers to everyone who was affected. Especially our first responders, past and present.
+-1
Old 09-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Registered

We can never forget what happened on this day...honestly I'm upset at the fact that this isn't blasted all over our tv stations like it was on this day 15 years ago...
Old 09-11-2016, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by stlliberator
We can never forget what happened on this day...honestly I'm upset at the fact that this isn't blasted all over our tv stations like it was on this day 15 years ago...
it's not on tv all day today because they want you / us to forget what happened so you know who gets elected and her ole man can stain the oval carpeting.

it's been replaced by the football playing *******s not standing for the national anthem, and or raising a fist in the air.

Last edited by outonsafari; 09-11-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:19 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,967 Likes on 988 Posts

Hard to believe it has been 15 years.
I remember it like it was yesterday and have read through this thread every year since it was originally posted.

NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a pretty cool experience today at Kelleys Island. We stopped at Dockers in the boat on our way home, and when the Browns game started, the entire restaurant was silent through the entire anthem. You could hear a pin drop. Pretty cool, and most of us will NEVER FORGET.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:33 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,331 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Been watching 911 programs since Friday.

Anyway,many emotional stories from this day.

This one, I have not been able to stop reading all day today.

LIGHT 93’S PASSENGERS FIGHT BACK

Huddled in the back of the plane, the passengers and crew of Flight 93 made a series of calls on their cell phones and the in-flight Airfones, informing family members and officials on the ground of the plane’s hijacking. When they learned the fate of the three other hijacked flights in New York City and Washington, D.C., the passengers realized that their plane was involved in a larger terrorist plot and would likely be used to carry out further attacks on U.S. soil.

After a brief discussion, a vote was taken and the passengers decided to fight back against their hijackers, informing several people on the ground of their plans. One of the passengers, Thomas Burnett Jr., told his wife over the phone, “I know we’re all going to die. There’s three of us who are going to do something about it. I love you, honey.” Another passenger, Todd Beamer, was heard over an open line saying, “Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Sandy Bradshaw, a flight attendant, called her husband and explained that she had slipped into a galley and was filling pitchers with boiling water. Her last words to him were: “Everyone’s running to first class. I’ve got to go. Bye.”
God Bless them ! God bless America !
Old 09-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Also my son is In 6th grade now and this is the first year it is being tough to kids in class. He had to interview me abut where I was and how I felt. After the questions I went on YouTube and sat with him and watched the news brodcast. When it was over I sead that is what we went through that day. Let's just hope never again will we have a day like that.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Been watching 911 programs since Friday.

Anyway,many emotional stories from this day.

This one, I have not been able to stop reading all day today.

LIGHT 93’S PASSENGERS FIGHT BACK

Huddled in the back of the plane, the passengers and crew of Flight 93 made a series of calls on their cell phones and the in-flight Airfones, informing family members and officials on the ground of the plane’s hijacking. When they learned the fate of the three other hijacked flights in New York City and Washington, D.C., the passengers realized that their plane was involved in a larger terrorist plot and would likely be used to carry out further attacks on U.S. soil.

After a brief discussion, a vote was taken and the passengers decided to fight back against their hijackers, informing several people on the ground of their plans. One of the passengers, Thomas Burnett Jr., told his wife over the phone, “I know we’re all going to die. There’s three of us who are going to do something about it. I love you, honey.” Another passenger, Todd Beamer, was heard over an open line saying, “Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Sandy Bradshaw, a flight attendant, called her husband and explained that she had slipped into a galley and was filling pitchers with boiling water. Her last words to him were: “Everyone’s running to first class. I’ve got to go. Bye.”

God Bless them ! God bless America !
Just reading this now, gave me chills...

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 09-14-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
Also my son is In 6th grade now and this is the first year it is being tough to kids in class. He had to interview me abut where I was and how I felt. After the questions I went on YouTube and sat with him and watched the news brodcast. When it was over I sead that is what we went through that day. Let's just hope never again will we have a day like that.
One can hope my friend, one can hope.

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.