Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,879 Likes on 944 Posts

Never Forget!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2017, 08:35 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 967 Likes on 489 Posts

The only ones that will not know this are the younger generations that didn't go through it....
My 19yr old could care less as it didn't impact him directly

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-11-2017, 08:57 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,158 Likes on 1,427 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
The only ones that will not know this are the younger generations that didn't go through it....
My 19yr old could care less as it didn't impact him directly
Have them sit thru the films. They still show them on TV. As some of our parents did with us with Pearl Harbor.

May I suggest to the masses to make it to one of the 911 Memorials at some point. I made it a purpose to go to the one in NYC the other year. Very powerful. After about an hr, my wife and I had to walk out to take a break from the emotion before going back in to continue.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 490 Posts

Talk about irony, the Sacha Baron Cohen film 'The Dictator' is on TV here as I type.....

911 changed the world forever. I agree with the above, it's part of history all young people should know something about.

RR
Attached Thumbnails WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center-img_7579.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 09-11-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:29 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 967 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Have them sit thru the films. They still show them on TV. As some of our parents did with us with Pearl Harbor.

May I suggest to the masses to make it to one of the 911 Memorials at some point. I made it a purpose to go to the one in NYC the other year. Very powerful. After about an hr, my wife and I had to walk out to take a break from the emotion before going back in to continue.
Actually you saying this did trigger a memory.....back in freshman year of HS he was all on a rampage on how the whole thing was a conspiracy etc....no way the towers could have come down....planted explosives etc....all from his crazy history teacher

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe this was mentioned in this thread, obviously a long thread so I haven't read it completely.... Anyway, History channel aired a 6hr show on Sunday 9/10 called "The road to 9/11" It was basically three 2hr episodes combined into one show. I watch 5 of the 6 hrs, still have to get to that last hour. But I thought it was a great show. It goes way back to the mid 90s. I guess I never realized how far back these terrorists have been plotting attacks against the US. If you get a chance to watch it or maybe it can be down loaded on "The Netflix" I strongly suggest it.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,388 Likes on 775 Posts

Wow still seems recent to me, hard to believe its been 16 years.

Low_PSI,

Yes I was just taking off from NYC when they did the bombing of the trade center parking garage (92-93?). It had been a target for many years.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Wow still seems recent to me, hard to believe its been 16 years.

Low_PSI,

Yes I was just taking off from NYC when they did the bombing of the trade center parking garage (92-93?). It had been a target for many years.
It actually has ties back to the assassination of Meir Kahane back in 1990 in NYC. It was a really good documentary. It had a ton of interviews of FBI, CIA, Media
members, etc.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
It actually has ties back to the assassination of Meir Kahane back in 1990 in NYC. It was a really good documentary. It had a ton of interviews of FBI, CIA, Media
members, etc.
I saw the documentary as well. I thought it was interesting when an ex-FBI guy said the reason 911 happened was because the CIA knew these sh!tbags were here, taking flying lessons, and never told any other agency so they "could keep their ******* James Bond game going". He was pizzed and really serious about what he was saying. Its not like these pricks snuck up behind us and we never saw them. It was "eyes wide open" for us.

I went to the 911 museum a few months ago. To me, been there done that, said my prayers, paid my respects and I'll never go back. I was interested in seeing the physical damage like the bent steel, etc. I will say that the sadness and just plain bad juju was overwhelming. The way they did it was great but for me it was just too much (BTW, I have VERY thick skin when it comes to grief) but its just incredibly moving. I wasn't ready for all of the personal stuff.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:39 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,879 Likes on 944 Posts

Hard to believe that this was 17 years ago. In some ways it seems like yesterday and in some ways it seems like a lifetime ago.

Never Forget!!!!!

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.