Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
you gota watch this video .... >

you gota watch this video ....

Notices

you gota watch this video ....

Old 03-28-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hit home for me too, Grew up all my life around cottages and boats. Lost my dad 2001.

LOTS OF GREAT BOATING MEMORIES!!!

Thank You for making me aware of this video.

I am going to share it with my brothers and see if they can watch without crying.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That is some good stuff,if you have kids enjoy them while you can so that they can have the same memories.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Great video, kind of makes us all think what a great sport this truely is. Smell them roses, spend time with your family, and on the water is one of the best ways. My grandpa or dad really never got into boating, I always had a passion for it and am now trying to share it with my kids. Someday I will be that grandpa, hopefully not to soon what a way to go out.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered

Many years ago, I taught my little boy about boating ..... now he's teaching his
Attached Thumbnails you gota watch this video ....-dsc00568.jpg  
Old 03-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned

I didn't make it thirty seconds before I was squalling like a baby. My dad's 79, and he was 23 years in the Navy. We always lived near the sea. Some of those scenes really hit home. Mom has some 8mm movies of dad paddling in because the motor conked out on him, in a boat like one in that video. I remember dad had to sell this first boat I remember, to buy mom's false teeth. I was in the first, or second grade. He built our second boat, now he has one of mine I leave over there for him and my older brother to take fishing. I made him promise to wear his inflatable vest, or else I was going to ground him like he did me.

I'm going to send this video to my parents, both my brothers, and both of my sisters. It's my older sister's birthday today.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Cool. My Dad got me into boating but don't have any fond memories. He drank too much and we never had any fun. Didnt talk to him for 14 years. My brother told me he gave up drinking couple years ago. He's never even met his grandson Chris. My Mom forgave him for years of abuse so it was time for me too. Called him twice this year. He missed so much because I think we had all of those boats I think. Though my sons don't boat much I made sure that they had good memories. Wish it could have been more like that with my Dad. He's in his late 80's so it didn't become to late to try and repair at least something of our life.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Registered

Wow, that brought back alot of memories...that was a beautiful vid.

Thanks for sharing

(I'm glad I also saw it at home!)
Old 03-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bluellama
Where is the smilie for "sitting at my desk, tearing up like a 6 year old schoolgirl" ??

Thanks for the link.
I now know why its in my blood...that was great.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Registered

man ever seen a 260 lb. man cry that bring back a lot of good. Grew up playing on the lake, i was lucky to have had both sets of grandparents next door to each other on the lake. I spent most summers with them.Dad got our first boat when i was 6, he will be 80 this year and we still have that lake place and have three boats there to use. Plus my brother and i both have boats and we are doing the same thing with our childern.

Last edited by mikes280; 03-28-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 183 Posts

Tears.......

My grandfather and I used to go boating alot up north in the Thousand Islands and Lake Ontario. Even let me take the wheel when I was about 8. In fact the guy looks a lot like him. He passed away this time last year...............

Quick Reply: you gota watch this video ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.