Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Michigan - Lk St Clair Poker Run >

Michigan - Lk St Clair Poker Run

Notices

Michigan - Lk St Clair Poker Run

Old 02-11-2002, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good to me. Was going to do fun run last year, but wife was with baby and didn't want her bouncing all over the place. And I got way too drunk the night before Tin Fish and felt like sh*t the next day.

Rob, has anyone thought of a longer day trip?? Like Cedar Point, Put-n-Bay, even Cleveland for the night? We could have a joint meeting with the Lake Erie OSO memebers.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:45 PM
jr

I like both ideas. The fun run would be great for the buddies, and the cruise I might beable to get the wife to go. I couldn't make last years because I was still beached.

Old 02-11-2002, 01:48 PM
LEOPAJJM

Hey Folks, the Lake Erie Offshore perf. assoc. poker run is run out of Monroe Aug.3 this year...this has really been an awesome run in the past and gets better every year... for the money you cant beat it,ask anyone who's been. BTW...look for something BIG to take MOCA's place next summer !?!?!?

Old 02-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Registered

JR - My wife would like the cruise idea very much. Fun run would be for buddies and all of Rob's women friends

LEO...Something Big...hmmmm....Smoke on the Water?????
Old 02-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Registered

There's a bunch of us that always run to Put-in-bay and everywhere else. We hit sandbar sometimes on wed nights, I've never taken my boat to the sandbar though cuz I hate night driving in unframilair waters, but I may just stay on the boat overnight this year. We got a great group of offshore people around here, and let me know what direction you'd like to take this, I'm sure I could help grow this.
I like the runs, but I tend to prefer driving smart and to take it easy, over all. A cruise would appeal to a bigger variety of boats, and keeps the offshore crowd from running hard all day, and still be fun. Something like this could get real big and bring a whole new meaning to these runs, and the family guys can enjoy them with the wife/kids safely, and I'm sure there would still be plenty of action up front, but having the faster boats cruise slower in a bunch, in the back of the crowd, and do the grudge matches past slower boats would open up a whole new set of eye's on the offshore fun world we live in.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 02-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Registered

Rob, sounds like a great topic for March's Tin Fish meeting, which is almost here. No date selected yet?
Old 02-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Registered

I picked the last date, do you guys want me to pick another one?
Old 02-11-2002, 02:38 PM
Registered

Hang on with the date, there is crazy days @ boyne in march, and I'm not sure what the date is so if anyone knows post it and lets not make it that weekend, and see if there are bad weekends for some of the others that would like to attend.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 02-11-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered

Crazy Days (Boyne) March 15 - 17th.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:49 PM
Registered

What is Crazy Days?

Quick Reply: Michigan - Lk St Clair Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.