Chief engines new turbo`s rock!!!!! >

Chief engines new turbo`s rock!!!!!

Notices

Chief engines new turbo`s rock!!!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cougarman
Did Kemo upgrade to the Turbo package also ?

Cougarman
No, however, the motors are bigger and louder!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the owners of these boats members of OSO? If not do they have any interest in joining?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Any more pics
Old 04-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

That is quite a piece of hardware!!! Best of luck with it.
Eddie
Old 04-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
I'd be afraid to drive it.

The feather and claw on dash is sweet
Drive it, hell I'd be afraid to fill it!
Old 04-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore drilling
Jim that's you all the way...no more problems
I wish it was that easy. If you run a 1200hp or higher motor as hard as I do the motors are going to break or need overhauled within 100 hours or so. That's just part of the game!!! I'm sure if you ask Tommy these motors should be overhauled at around 100 hours or before if you run them hard. I do like the fact that they run on pump gas if they do. Congrats to Chief, cool motors!!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
I wish it was that easy. If you run a 1200hp or higher motor as hard as I do the motors are going to break or need overhauled within 100 hours or so. That's just part of the game!!! I'm sure if you ask Tommy these motors should be overhauled at around 100 hours or before if you run them hard. I do like the fact that they run on pump gas if they do. Congrats to Chief, cool motors!!
Jim, You might be really suprised at what Tommy really thinks about 100 hour motors. These have 90 already and are purring. Anyone looking at big horse power motors should look at these motors really hard before buying someone else's motors. I bet everything I have, (not much really), that these are the future of high performance motors over the next five years. Simply amazing. NK
Old 04-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Jim, You might be really suprised at what Tommy really thinks about 100 hour motors. These have 90 already and are purring. Anyone looking at big horse power motors should look at these motors really hard before buying someone else's motors. I bet everything I have, (not much really), that these are the future of high performance motors over the next five years. Simply amazing. NK

I have been a friend of Tommy`s at Chiefs now for about 10 years. I have seen many motors with more than 300 + hours and still running. Believe it or not, we are racing with Category fives old motors for tha past two years. We just refreshed them without having to bore or cut the cranks. Truly an amazing engine builder, Chief engines is in a leaugue of their own.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know Chief Engines are top shelf. Big power twin turbo engines are rare. Most people...including myself go the supercharger route. I seem to remember quite a few years ago Gentry was into this type of pressurized induction. I wish I had some pics of his engines to compare with the Chiefs. Anyway .....Hail to the Chief!!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 04-16-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I know Chief Engines are top shelf. Big power twin tubo engines are rare. Most people...including myself go the supercharger route. I seem to remember quite a few years ago Gentry was into this type of pressurized induction. I wish I had some pics of his engines to compare with the Chiefs. Anyway .....Hail to the Chief!!
This is Gentry's turbo stuff, Carson Brummett bought the molds when Tom Gentry left us. Carson sells the hardware
to whom ever and you can follow Carson's recomended build sheet or Develop your own.

And from what I hear Tommy @ Chief has done a great job developing his own engine with Gentry's induction system.

But all you see on top, Turbo's, exhaust manifolds, intake manifold, top hat and inner cooler....basically all the cast aluminum hardware is all Gentry's product now carried by Carson Brummett out of California.

Paul Pfaff is using the same stuff, you'll see it in Pauls advertisments etc.

Bottomline is who has the best set-up internally and Chief always does a great job with his engines and his research.

Cougarman

Quick Reply: Chief engines new turbo`s rock!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.