VIP Member

Received 345 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
You probably bought a stolen drive.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
Is this the drive you are selling???? Is it messed up or just look bad. (I've been looking for a cheap spare, can get it fixed, and don't really care what it looks like)

Russ C.
No I just sold the upper part of this drive to a guy AS IS. I just told the guy I would try to find out more about it.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also when you buy a new reman it is consider a part there fore it does not have a serial # or gear ratio on the side
Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

i bought a couple of these so called reman's xr's uppers, through land and sea , they dont come with a serial number or stickers just a reman sticker that does peel off, we inspected and inquired as too whats up as when we checked them over there was nothing used in them, was told by merc that when there is a warrantee issue this is the replacement and they just call them reman for whatever reason..
i also have a good used bravo 1:50 upper cheap as well as one blowed up but have a good set of gears for it 1:36

Last edited by copiercat; 04-27-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 05-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Gold Member

Default re-man drives???

Originally Posted by 99fever27
I have a merc rebuilt upper and it say's quicksilver on it.
hey matt,i see where you have a upper re-man drive on your fountain.have you had good with it?last week trying my new prop we talked about,i ran over a submeressed tug -boat rope.did a number on the drive......broke some stuff in the drive.insurance is replacing the drive with a merc re-man.good stuff,or junk??brad
Old 05-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bcfountain
hey matt,i see where you have a upper re-man drive on your fountain.have you had good with it?last week trying my new prop we talked about,i ran over a submeressed tug -boat rope.did a number on the drive......broke some stuff in the drive.insurance is replacing the drive with a merc re-man.good stuff,or junk??brad
Hey Brad sorry to hear of the bad news. I bought the reman drive last year through a Merc dealer and they installed it. I had all of about 4hrs on the new upper when I lost the cone clutch. I was in Michigan at the time (on vacation). Luckily I found a dealer that repaired it for me the very next day. Merc WOULD NOT cover the repair, even though it had only a few hrs since new upper was installed. They said it was due to high speed shift or airing the boat out. None of wich happend!
I havent had a problem since the last rebuild (20hrs) ago. For the price of the reman and then the rebuild I could have bought a XR.
Good luck
Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Gold Member

thats a shame about the merc not covering you.i hope i dont have the same problem.the guy that is handling the insurance claim said merc,or it may be quicksilver,said it was the way togo......i just wonder what my insurance$$ will be like next year
Old 05-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Banned

Gary I find it hard to believe that a rebuilt part from Merc would have peeling paint and no numbers. I hope that someone did not scam you.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

My Starboard Reman Broke After 4 Hours Of Run Time And When They Pulled It Off The Drive Shaft Fell Out And Hit The Mechanic In The Foot.apparntly The Nut That Holds The Shaft In On The Inside Came Off And Turned Itself Into Shrapnell And Trashed Upper And Lower.i Got The Word Today That They Are Warranteing The Upper And A New Lower As Well

Quick Reply: does MERC rebuild drives?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.