Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Team owners owning sanctioning bodies >

Team owners owning sanctioning bodies

Notices

Team owners owning sanctioning bodies

Old 01-10-2002, 07:56 AM
F-1WARLOCK

LOOK AT PIER-57 NO #6 THERE. GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT. THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD. STEPPING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, ADN TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT. TOMMY BAHAMA HAS BEEN DISGUALIFIED BEFORE, AND ACTED VERY HONORABLY. THESE GUYS ARE STAIGHT UP GUYS. DONT BAWL LIKE LITTLE BABIES LIKE OTHER TEAMS DO .

Old 01-10-2002, 08:11 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow F1 were did that come from??? I think you have to look at the owner and team. Like has been stated it seems like the Nemshoffs are not getting or asking for favoritism. I am sure that the Seabolds would not either. Remember these guys have been around for even and have won fair and square many many many times. There is always the possibility of cheating at any time by any team, so I really do not see a problem with it at all, as long as there are checks and ballances

Jon
Old 01-10-2002, 08:49 AM
Boat Girl

I could possibly see a conflict of intrest there, and no matter how hard someone works and how honest they are people will always think there is inpropriety, even if there is not. When Mario Lemieux wanted to play again, he had to give up his ownership, same with Michael Jordan...Should boat racing be the same?

Old 08-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Poo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Team owners owning sanctioning bodies

Originally Posted by Pier
Boatwrecker,

The perception of conflict of interest, if not the reality of it, is unavoidable. Owning a race team and all or part of a racing circuit is problematic at best.
History seem's to be agreeing with you .Who's next to try ?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Poo
Banned

Originally Posted by puder
owning a race team and being part of a sanctionign body is ok. A problem would arise if say a manufacturer was part of a sanctioning body. UNLESS it was a 1 design style calss (like the batboats) Then its cool. 1 type of boat for all racers really puts more emphasis on driver and boat setup as opposed to boat design and who can pay more for development research.
I miss the Bat boats ! There used to be at least 5 or 6 at each race . They got so much attn: it was unreal !

They would be sitting next to a big V or Kat ,and the swarm seem to be around the Bat's . I have old pictures of it happening in Key West A few times . Mostly families ,Like a dad and three or fourPre- teenagers . They looked enugh like car, boat plane to get any ones interest .

Be great to see them back out as a fleet . they had the potential to make the Owner money . Very rare indeed .

How many of us started there ? I did . I loved it . Any one else ?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Registered

OSS team owners and racers . right spider man