Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need suggestions for Poker Run "NAME" >

I need suggestions for Poker Run "NAME"

Notices

I need suggestions for Poker Run "NAME"

Old 08-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Dock has said we are teaming up with many great sponsors to bring you yet another great run at Elephant Butte lake On Saturday September 22nd.

Those of you that remember a poker run was held back here in 2002 by Lake Racer LLC. We have teamed up with Lake Racer to bring to you yet another awesome run. This time we have hired a Helicopter, Video and camera crew!!!!!!!!

Online registration and details will be coming soon so stay tuned and look for the information listed in the poker run section.

Jim From lake racer will be bringing his crew out along with doing registration for the event. Rumor has it that DOCK HOLIDAY will be attending the event as well.

Thanks to all for the great ideas and suggestions, and Thanks again to all our Great sponsors and OSO as we work together.

The Dam Site will be hosting the event with Dinner and Band

"Shakin The Dam Poker Run" Will be the name of the event!

See pictures from the previous run here in 2002

http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/eb2002/ebrun.html
Old 08-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
all right last one......"wear a sweater over your elephant butte so we don't notice how large it is " poker run.
BOB THAT ONE STILL HAS ME CRACKING UP!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

Triad Performance Marine is very excited about bringing this run back to the Butte, and I would like to thank Powerboatparty.com and LakeRacer LLC for jumping on board and assisting with the organization and promotion of the event.

It did not take much to convice Darrell or Jim that a run at the Butte could turn into a great annual event and I really appreciate both of them stepping up and doing what they do best.

The event will be held at the Dam Site resort & marina but rooms have also been reserved at the Elephant Butte Inn. Numbers & reservation information will be posted on the Shakin "the Dam Poker Run" homepage real soon.

For you golfers...check out Turtle Back Mountain, it is one of the nicest golf courses in the southwest, and it is minutes from the lake.

http://turtlebackmountainresort.com/golf.php
Old 08-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

We took a friends ski boat out there 2 weeks ago to check things out. It's a nice lake, although I thought it would be bigger. If this gets to be a big event with some big boats it could definately get congested. There seemed to be a million jetskis flying around and some with no life jackets. There was also a Baja and a Sleekcraft doing laps around the lake, zig zagging with each other..... The launch ramp is nice but it would be tough to fit just my boat in the parking lot at the Elephant Butte Inn, it is a nice little hotel though. Also, for anyone going, the GPS read around 4600 to 4700ft elevation, bring some jets and small props. Hope you guys have a great event and be safe.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Registered

Just wanted to remind everyone to register for this great event that is just around the corner. Here is a list of all the sponsors!!! Looking forward to a Big event. Be sure to register on line

www.lakeracerllc.com Or

www.powerboatparty.com/shakinthedam.htm

Triad Performance Marine
Lakeracerllc
Powerboatparty.com
Homes By Joe Boyden
Turtle Back Mountain Resort
Cobalt Of New Mexico
Driven Products of New Mexico
Whipple Superchargers of New mexico
Extreme Boat Magazine
McLeod Bolsters