2 Merc techs scratch their heads >

2 Merc techs scratch their heads

Notices

Old 07-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a DTS Command Module has been improperly configured. Or the 555PCM's are from another engine application.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:19 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FOXMXPSYCHO
Hello im trying to get some opinions from all of you who visit this site. My problem is I boat a new Boat from Eliminator its a 300 Eagle XP, the boat had only 2 hours when I picked it up, the 2 hours that were put on the boat were from the boat being taken to the lake for a photo shoot once completed. The boat has twin 496 HO's. The boat has now 20 hours on it. During these 20 hours the boat has yet to go over 35MPH the computer has registered 40 stalls about 10 or more hours at idle speeds for the same reason that it will not go over 35 mostly because it will shut down once it hits 3k RPMS, obviously the boat is in guardian mode but they cant figure out why?? the boat has been to Teague Marine twice for service both times took it to the lake the following day from getting it back to test it and still same problem. I took it back to Eliminator last friday july 6th, 2007 its now july 13th, and theyve had the main tech from eliminator along with 2 mercury techs aboard the boat at a local lake Kenny the main tech from eliminator tells me the 2 merc techs looked at each other and scratched there heads?? they dont know what the problem is. Theyve tested all the wiring everything is good. theyve ran a diagnostic and some bogus codes pop up that lead to nowhere because after further analysis the codes pop up even tho nothing is wrong with whatever the code reads. All sensors have been checked and once again they are all good. But yet the boat will not go past 35MPH or go over 3000 rpms for that matter.

heres a link to my other thread in the Eliminator section. It doesnt get much traffic so please check it out and give me your thoughts.
thank you so much!!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=159650
At least they found their head....

Like someone said above, take it to a Merc dealer with SOMETHING in his head...
Old 07-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the word is today they couldnt fix it so they towed my boat to some marine shop in Norco California about 15 minutes away from eliminator because they think they could fix it. I bet they wont. How do I tell these guys to just stop ****in around with my boat and put new motors in it? Ive reached a level of frustration that you guys can not believe!!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered

the word is today they couldnt fix it so they towed my boat to some marine shop in Norco California about 15 minutes away from eliminator because they think they could fix it. I bet they wont. How do I tell these guys to just stop ****in around with my boat and put new motors in it? Ive reached a level of frustration that you guys can not believe!!

That's what lemon laws and lawyers are for. Eliminator needs to step up and take care of you. You bought it from them not Mercury.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

Had the exact same problem replaced fuel filter, spark plugs,tried a different ecm, no fix. Found the problem myself there was a wire harness between the fuel filter and block.Right behind the seawater pump that had not been plugged in. Plugged together and end of problem.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts

How do I tell these guys to just stop ****in around with my boat and put new motors in it? Ive reached a level of frustration that you guys can not believe!!
Very low percentage of that happening, just have to find the right person to fix the problem. Why can't Merc send somebody?? I'm sure they have tech reps in the area.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered

My crystal ball says that it is water pressure or exhaust temp.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Registered

I got a voicemail today from eliminator... and it said theres a malfunction in the fuel pumps, but why 2 weeks later do they figure this out? the pumps are on back order so I still have to wait another week and thats if it solves the problem. Im being invited this weekend to go to lake nacimiento, last weekend I was suppose to go to pyramid lake. What a waste of precious summer time.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes I feel a little silly pushing the throttle back and forth to prime the carb before I start my boat at the ramp.

But . . . NOT ANYMORE !!!

Old 07-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donman
Sometimes I feel a little silly pushing the throttle back and forth to prime the carb before I start my boat at the ramp.

But . . . NOT ANYMORE !!!

is there an aftermarket carburator kit for the 496HO's? lol jk

Last edited by FOXMXPSYCHO; 07-20-2007 at 12:07 AM.

Quick Reply: 2 Merc techs scratch their heads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.