Notices

Brick N.J.?

Old 07-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmn
Not entirely true. I live in Manahawkin, and spend a lot of time on the island. Over the last few years I've seen just as many NY plates as PA plates here.
It's crazy how the city sprall has taken over..... It seems like Ocean County is well on its way to what nothern Monmouth county was like 15-20 yrs ago.

When I was a kid there were 1-2 New Yorkers in my neighborhood, we were labled the "bad" kids because of it. Now I live in Middletown again 10 yrs later and half my neighbors are from Staten Island and Brooklyn. The area sure has changed over the years but it's all good.

It looks like they're all heading further south these days, which is great news for us up here!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucididee
I don't usually got past Point on land, nor past Barnegat Inlet on water. That why I can't comment much on the South Jersey Shore.

What do you consider Manahawkin, North or South Jersey Shore? You're like the very beginning of what I consider the heart of the south Jersey Shore. You're closer to AC expressway, thus Philly, as I'm closer to NYC. Up here is all NJ/NY plates. But, for the most part, AC and south is either PA or Canadians. I lived in North Wildwood for 1 year. I had to get the hell outta there. It was horrible. I had to get back north. I moved to Atlantic Highlands and worked in Bayonne.

But this question definately seperates the North from the South. Are you and Eagles fan or a Giants/Jets fan? And if you're not a fan of those teams, which would you rather see loose than? I'm a Raiders fan, but I HATE the Eagles. I'm definately North Jersey Shore.
Jets fan....but I grew up in North Jersey (Linden.) I didn't move down here full-time until 4 years ago.

As for "North / South Jersey shore", I would call LBI the border. Lots of people from North Jersey have houses on the island, but once you get further south that happens less and less.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

And I always considered where I live (Middletown, Monmouth Cty) to be Central Jersey, not north or south.

Plus, I trained myself that if you are 609, you're south.

732 is central, 201/973 north!

I also remember when I was younger that we had a 201 area code, then it became 732.....

Damn area has grown a lot!
Attached Thumbnails Brick N.J.?-nj.gif  

Last edited by Panther; 07-19-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

edison and up is north jersey, bayville and down is south jersey and everything inbetween is central...just my .02
Old 07-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

For me, anything over the Driscol bridge is North and anything 609 is south. But I guess we're splitting hairs!

To make things fair, the GSP is what, roughly 165-170 miles. I guess we can draw the mason dixon line right about at mile marker 85 But central NJ would be roughly mile markers 60 - 114.

So Stecz is still a Benny!

Last edited by Panther; 07-19-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on the same page as you guys with the North / Central / Southern Jersey splits.

In my post above, I was answering Dee's question about what I considered the "Northern Jersey Shore" vs. the "Southern Jersey Shore", which I never really thought about before.

Can we split hairs any further now?

This thread has got to be in contention for the worst hijacking ever.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

But it was fun while it lasted!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:51 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on the same page as you guys with the North / Central / Southern Jersey splits.

In my post above, I was answering Dee's question about what I considered the "Northern Jersey Shore" vs. the "Southern Jersey Shore", which I never really thought about before.

Can we split hairs any further now?

Its the power of OSO we talk about things that have nothing to do with the thread at all.BTW I do like seeing some of the 80's prom pics. Thanks for all the info I have received from some of you.Carry on but post more pics.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Registered

I'm as far south in Ocean County as you can go - Exit 58. I grew up in Egg Harbor Township, just outside AC. Love the Giants - Go Big Blue!! Have always been a 609er. So I guess that makes me a Southern Jersey Piney Girl LOL
Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
So I guess that makes me a Southern Jersey Piney Girl LOL
Yup!

Quick Reply: Brick N.J.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.