Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin... >

Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin...

Notices

Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin...

Old 08-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
My first job, busser at Steak & Ale.... Min wage for tip earner in NJ was $2.12 an hour. At the end of the night they had to pay out the tips and by law our earnings for the night had to equal $5.05 hr or greater. (reg. min. wage at the time).:
Still $5.05 per hr. bites even me not working in those kinds of jobs can see it's pretty chitty hard work. Espc for busser/clean up folk us customers can be real pigs.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered

I have experienced all of the above mentioned crap that any kind of servers dish out - and expect a tip. Just expect the foreign servers to try and screw you on your change - even at the highest-end places. A-holes!!! I see chitty servers ***** all the time. They suk at their job and expect lots of money in return. These morons make more cash than well educated people and they still treat folks like chit. Everyone who serves me knows I tip very, very well. I avoid the jerks and walk away from the bar when they approach me. The good ones always have my beer at the bar before I sit down and pour my shots three times the average size. All of you guys made very good and valid points. The whole tipping thing in America is way, way out of control! If you are tipped a quarter, you deserve a quarter!!!! We owned a banquet center / restaurant / bar at one point. The scum bastards stole everything that they could get their hands on - even bolted down chit! You will get no sympathy from me.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sign me up for the tipping has gone to far. I pretty much only go to place I have been happy with in the past and then leave a good tip. But when I go to a non regular place for me and the service is just down right bad I will list out on the back all the reasons they got NO tip at all. I dont like to do it but it seams that if you leave a small tip they just think you are CHEAP and they dont understand it was them.

Rag's
Old 08-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

I was told by multiple girls that they have made $40,000 a year working at Sonic............yes SONIC. I'm guessing that a Hooters Girl could make $50,000...............
Old 08-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I was told by multiple girls that they have made $40,000 a year working at Sonic............yes SONIC. I'm guessing that a Hooters Girl could make $50,000...............
I'll bet some of them do better than that!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Zudnic
Still $5.05 per hr. bites even me not working in those kinds of jobs can see it's pretty chitty hard work. Espc for busser/clean up folk us customers can be real pigs.
Yup, I got mono from being a busser....hated it...it also interfered with my social schedule on the weekends... Became a mechanic, met my current boss, the rest is history..

The current minimum wage rate in New Jersey is $7.15 per hour.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ragtop409
Sign me up for the tipping has gone to far.
Agreed - I recently saw a tip cup (styrofoam coffee cup with a note asking for tips) at a DONUT SHOP.
Come'on
The place was owned by Apuu, by the way...
Old 08-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Agreed - I recently saw a tip cup (styrofoam coffee cup with a note asking for tips) at a DONUT SHOP.
Come'on
The place was owned by Apuu, by the way...
Man that there is funny, Derka Derka
Old 08-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

I visit many small towns and spend 1/3 of the year in Grand Marais, MI. I know that tips are all they have to live on and I tip them well...but only if the service is good. Now in GM they know me well and know I pay for what I get so they are good to me. Don't tell me I can't get soup instead of fries, don't tell me no substitutes..there is no bible on food so just do as I ask, I will pay the difference if needed. Soooo, if you do not tell them they provided poor service, or show them in the form of no tip...the person will never change. Now just leaving no tip does not send the right message, they just think YOUR the jerk. So tell them, either in writing or in person but they need to know. You have to imagine that a person who is stiffed enough would start to look at themselves but they don't, they just get more bitter and squirt breast milk in your milk or soup or Alfredo sauce....(.)(.)
Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Registered

Ghost Bar in Dallas = 18$ Martinis X 10 Martinis = 8 ball cheaper.

Last edited by masher44; 08-15-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.