30' o/b Cat owners chime in please! >

30' o/b Cat owners chime in please!

Notices

30' o/b Cat owners chime in please!

Old 08-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BowenCT
I have not. And that brings me to this; if there are any owners out there in the CT/L.I./Northern Jersey area willing to take a me out, I would pay for lunch and gas!!!

Thanks everyone for the replies.......keep them coming!!!
There are a few of them around here in LI sound, but not a ton. My friend has a 32 Skater with I/O's and I have ridden in a 28 Skater with OB's....completely different animals. You will love the ride in one of these OB powered boats.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

insurance is going to run you about 2% of the value of the boat, higher in a cat if you have no experience,

if i was a first time buyer would stay way from anything with a tunnel tab, has caused a lot of hooks and rolls, only picks up a couple mph,
Old 08-30-2007, 08:13 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I have not. And that brings me to this; if there are any owners out there in the CT/L.I./Northern Jersey area willing to take a me out, I would pay for lunch and gas!!!

Contact East Coast Marine for a ride............. (631) 422-7997.

Joey Imprescia (multi time Offshore World and National Champion THrottleman) will set you up. He can also service and set up any OB cat and assure you of max performance from your ride. He is without doubt the best guy for this in the area.

T2x
Old 08-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Contact East Coast Marine for a ride............. (631) 422-7997.

Joey Imprescia (multi time Offshore World and National Champion THrottleman) will set you up. He can also service and set up any OB cat and assure you of max performance from your ride. He is without doubt the best guy for this in the area.

T2x

What he said !! I had 3 perf boats before i bought my 1998 30 spectre with 2003 300x's. I owned a couple 18-20 checkmates and baja's, a 22 Avanti, 29 twin small block scarab then purchased my spectre...the spectre was the best bang for the buck 1 could imagine. was a 107mph boat in magnificent condition on a trailer for under $80k. ran the boat for 2 seasons, awseome lake bay boat and loved 1-2 ft chop...i live in Jersey and had it in the ocean on numerous occasions.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the 30 ob cat is a perfect reliable boat....I had never owned a cat or a boat that ran these speeds till I got my Spectre and all I can say is that if it wasnt for my new boat I would not have it for sale becuase there is no other boat that you could run wide open (run these speeds), take passengers, run in rough conditions and be in the water every weekend without any grease on your hands and to me thats priceless....here is a link to my add if your interested....

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18309-en.html
Attached Thumbnails 30' o/b Cat owners chime in please!-andy-cat-small.jpg  

Last edited by lowblue320; 08-30-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lowblue320
I think the 30 ob cat is a perfect reliable boat....I had never owned a cat or a boat that ran these speeds till I got my Spectre and all I can say is that if it wasnt for my new boat I would not have it for sale becuase there is no other boat that you could run wide open (run these speeds), take passengers, run in rough conditions and be in the water every weekend without any grease on your hands and to me thats priceless....here is a link to my add if your interested....

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18309-en.html
That boat was originally for sale right after I purchased my 28, gorgeous boat. How fast does it run with the promax's?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamboater
That boat was originally for sale right after I purchased my 28, gorgeous boat. How fast does it run with the promax's?
best Ive seen is 102-103 but the motors could go higher.......
Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jax55
insurance is going to run you about 2% of the value of the boat, higher in a cat if you have no experience,

if i was a first time buyer would stay way from anything with a tunnel tab, has caused a lot of hooks and rolls, only picks up a couple mph,
Insurance on my 2007 30 Skater T/300xs is about 4.5% of the value, and I have 20+ years of extreme high performance boating experience and 10 years experience as a professional offshore race driver.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered

I am in NYC, but my boat is not. If you get something though id be happy to run it around with you.

I highly recomend taking the Tres Martin course BEFORE buying anything. It will give you a much better idea what to look for. I also dont think a 100+ mph cat is a great first performance boat. Get a cheaper straight bottom V with some OB's to tool around in for a year.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

insurance on cats seems to run between 3-6% of the insured value...

Quick Reply: 30' o/b Cat owners chime in please!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.