26 Baja Outlaw or Donzi 27 ZR????? >

26 Baja Outlaw or Donzi 27 ZR?????

Notices

26 Baja Outlaw or Donzi 27 ZR?????

Old 09-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
But, looking back over the thread, most of those people are Donzi owners.
Uhmmm...isn't that exactly what he was looking for?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donzi.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Registered

Well...after much debate, I decided on going with the Baja. I looked at the Donzi this weekend and it was gorgeous, but things were a little tight. I am looking for all around versatility. I'm not going to be doing to many overnights, but when I do, I would like to be comfortable. Another reason for deciding on the Baja is the money factor. From what I first heard, a 5-10k difference in price was bearable, but for an additional 20k, I can't justify it. I'd rather spend the extra money using the boat or putting some money into the motor to make it a little quicker.

I wanted to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions...Rob B
Old 09-10-2007, 03:22 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes sir....good call!

Exactly the issue that I mentioned in my post.

The Donzi was designed to be used as a lake toy. Cockpit too low and cabin is way too tight. The speed difference will be more than balanced out by the solid, high freebord qualities of the Baja design. It took me a long time to acknowledge that Baja really do put alot of thought into their design, but they do a good job. Only then did I want to buy one.

It is also nice to see, after many Baja fans have complained about the pricing of the newer models, that on the open market they still offer good value for money.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
Uhmmm...isn't that exactly what he was looking for?
Uhh, the point is they are just going to say Donzi without knowing a damn thing about the Baja. All these threads are the same.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by concealedGSXR
Who has one of these and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance...Rob B
As you can see, he asked who has one of THESE, not who has a DONZI. Therefore, couldn't I just as easily say

"Uhh, the point is they are just going to say Baja without knowing a damn thing about the DONZI."

Oh, and calling a Donzi a "lake toy" when comparing it to a Baja is just comical!

PS: Rob, Congrats on the new boat!

Last edited by JW in Texas; 09-10-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

I took a 25 Baja out on a test drive and broke a stringer in 2-3 foot chop...The sales guy though we were going to sink...They dropped the Baja line the next season. Good luck with your decision...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
As you can see, he asked who has one of THESE, not who has a DONZI. Therefore, couldn't I just as easily say

"Uhh, the point is they are just going to say Baja without knowing a damn thing about the DONZI."

Oh, and calling a Donzi a "lake toy" when comparing it to a Baja is just comical!

PS: Rob, Congrats on the new boat!
no its not I have a 24 never lost to a 22, or 26, donzi out in the ocean up here where its rough in the last 17yrs. the new bajas are made with kevlar and carbin fiber wrap in the stringers now. I have put between 580 hp and 670hp in my boat over the last 12yrs and its still in one piece. my next boat will be a joker 28 because will keep up with a 38zr and other twin boats both are nice the donzi and the baja , I spent a lot of time at the boat shows crawling through all of them and fit is about the same most have full liners now like the custom boat builders superboat, sutphen, joker, AT,OL. AND I root for the OL ,and donzi in P1 congrats if you go for the baja26 ,but JOKER has a new custom 28 which has a big cabin and the drivers seat is set back as if you were in a 35footerthey will in stall any motor and right now might be the same as a 26ol just a thought, but if your buying the 26 you will love the boat its a lot of boat for the money and the colors are in the gel coat, not tape and paint art
Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by falmouthfountain
I took a 25 Baja out on a test drive and broke a stringer in 2-3 foot chop...The sales guy though we were going to sink...They dropped the Baja line the next season. Good luck with your decision...
wow I was in a 89 IBCM FOUNTIAN 40 that broke a stringer and it was only 3yrs old mine is19yrs old I have had double the hp it came with for 12yrs my stringers are fine, blew apart a bolster seat in the cape cod race in o2 in P5 CLASS,OH the fountian blew a hole through the bottom in that race the yellow sv they had to run it up on the trailer before it sank. case in point theres bad lay ups in some boats my friends formula 38 blew out his stringers in a f2 race so end the baja bashing please and pier 37 still sells bajas. did you show up at the fallriver pokerrun this yr, I have lots of pics of the boats including every fountian there, for got to get everyones # I gave out last yrs pics to all the boats this yr. art

Last edited by AIR TIME; 09-10-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dr Ralphy
Baja's are like tacos. Go with the Donzi
OH THATS RIGHT SCARABS ARE SO GOOD THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM 100YRS AGO
LMAO art

Quick Reply: 26 Baja Outlaw or Donzi 27 ZR?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.