Notices

Where were you on 9/11?

Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

At the office....heard employees starting to talk about it. We filled the conference room watching on the only TV.....watched as the second plane hit live. Stayed at work all day but didn't get a dam thing done (as most of my plant didn't either)
My Aunt died a couple days later...my brother had to get a immediate flight out of NY for the funeral. (you can imagine how hard that was). My 3rd (and last! ) son was born a few weeks later.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

In my office at work...listening to WLS radio...they were on the phone with a live witness to the first impact when the second plane hit. I just remember the chills through my body. I went to our lunch room and turned on the TV and then grabbed everyone from our shop to watch. Felt like I was gonna cry. We went back to work...I was sure we were going to war in the near future.

That evening I went biking...and I just remember what a gorgeous day it was and what a contrast that was to how I was feeling.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Addison airport -- I was suppose to fly a BE-58 foxstar that day.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had just got off a 12 hour shift at 7 am. I came home and my wife was in the bathroom, getting ready for work. She has a small TV in the bathroom and watches The Today Show every morning. She told me a "small plane" had just hit one of the twin towers. Then as we were watching the live news broadcast, the 2nd plane hit. I immediately said "Oh my God, we are being attacked".
Even though I had to go back and work another 12 hour shift that night, I couldn`t sleep. I could not get away from the TV.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Registered

Flying a A36 Bonanza from Ann Arbor MI to Bloomington IN - We'd just passed Fort Wayne and Center called up and told us to change our destination - then we were lucky enough to have them re-route us to Fort Wayne so we could get a rental. Landed the plane in the middle of what looked like 100 airplanes on approach - Tower asked if we could keep our speed up and land long - hell 737's approach as fast as we fly normally. Parked the plane at the FBO - was met by a couple of police officers who told us to get our stuff - lock it up - and go to the terminal. Went a week later and picked the plane up.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rastinger
Really Panther? I cound't even imagine.
Yes....When we got up there we realized we didn't want to be there....
Old 09-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at home... My 1st child was born about 2 weeks prior. I took some time off with my wife to help out for about a month. I was on the floor with him right in front of the TV changing his diaper. I yelled "holy ****" and my wife thought I was referring to the diaper. I had to clarify and tell her to come look at what was hapening on the TV... very sad day. Made me think of the world my first child was being born into.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "

God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.

I'm Cuban but I love this country lets not forget about our troops, but lets also not forget that
"To Triumph Without Risk ,Is To Conquer Without Glory"
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

I was working in West Palm and planning to go to NYC three days later for the weekend. Saw the first plane hit on TV and thought it was a freak accident and still planned on going to NYC. After the second hit I realized the acts were not indeed an accident.

It still amazes me that they pulled off a plot that complicated without the authorities preventing it. After it happens it is easy to see loopholes in our homeland security. Hopefully this type of thing never happens again.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I fell asleep with the TV on the night before and awoke to the news with the first tower ablaze. Thought it was part of a movie. Just as I was figuring it out the 2nd plane hit the other tower.

Truly a sad day in our nation's history.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.