Notices

Where were you on 9/11?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by yesrej
this is my girlfriends fathers boat. he lost nine guys in his house.
What ladder #? My Uncle is out of China Town, he made it out ok.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped my Dad off at Buffalo airport to fly to Seattle. Listening to howard Stern and driving towards Toronto, herd the early reports almost 2 hrs latter, when it was believed to be a small plane. Had to get an air test on my car, so stopped at repair shop/test place and the reality sunk in of what was happening, watching there TV. Made a little extra horrific and upsetting cause had it in the back of head my Dad's plane could be one! Not only chilling with the added what if's, I was standing when I saw the second plane hit. My legs got so weak I had to sit down, never felt that way before, nor again.

Last edited by Zudnic; 09-11-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
What ladder #? My Uncle is out of China Town, he made it out ok.
engine 16 ladder 7.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by yesrej
engine 16 ladder 7.
my uncle is Ladder #18.
http://www.ladder18fdny.com/
Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Registered

I was on the NJ transit train on the way to NYC. I noticed some smoke across Raritan bay from the train. By the time I changed at newark to the path train everyone knew what was going on. On the path train, just before it goes underground, you get a great glimpse of what was the towers. As soon as we got that glimpse, we saw Tower 1 beginning to fall. After that, we went under the hudson to get to the city. Yep, the trains still ran. At least until we got 1/2 way under the river. that's when they stopped. For 2 hours. That was pretty bad, being stuck under there, for 2 hours, no radio, knowing we were under attack, after just having seen T1 fall. Eventually, they backed us out, and everyone got off in Jersey city and tried to make sense of things. I work(ed) pretty close to ground zero, and couldn't get in touch with family till about 6pm. It was a crazy crazy day I'll never forget.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was working construction in an office/showroom we were building in Pittsburgh - about 60 miles from where 93 went down.
Had radios blaring everyday so the same this day. Howard Stern was on, and in between construction noise we heard a little bit. At first, my boss and I thought Stern was joking around, and him and I were cracking jokes. We didn't have a TV in the building, so we thought it was a joke. The office girl finally got on the net and found out it was real. We both felt horrible. We left early and went to a bar for lunch and watched everything on TV. I remember we both made the decision to just hang out and wait until the city cleared out before trying to get home. If I remember correctly the city shut down the tunnels that day.
I also remember not being able to get a call through to my (now) wife. Very scary day I will never forget.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered

Just got off a 12hr shift at work in New Jersey and heading down to Staten Island to sleep. As I was coming thru Woodbridge heard on radio a 'small plane' hit Trade Center, reports were still vague, confused, and all over the place. Crossing over Outerbridge Crossing into SI and looked over, sure enough smoke billowing from North tower. What a beautful, clear morning that was.

Called wife, she and I met down there in financial district, she had not heard news yet. Never worked in either of the 2 Trade tower buildings, but all around lower Manhattan for almost 8yrs total until 1990. Got over the bridge into SI and hit my local car wash spot. Left the car and went into the lobby where the workers and other customers were watching CNN ... at that time the second plane hit live Called the wife again who was now crying and couldn't hold my composure between hate, anger, and tears. It sucked!

Finished car and went to my inlaws 2 blocks away and watched the towers fall. They closed all bridges, tunnels, etc till 6pm that night when finally I could get off the Island ... I did not travel north to work that night like I was supposed to, instead traveled south to be with my wife and girls. I needed them that night ...

RIP and NEVER FORGET ...

Last edited by NJgr8ful; 09-11-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 30 Posts

I was driving to Burbank airport to go to Sac. Heard about first plane on radio and they were speculating that maybe pilot had a heart attack or something. Parked and went to gate where they had the TV on. I'm watching and thinking that it looked like both towers were burning. The second plane had hit. Was standing in line to get on the plane (SouthWest) when they announced the flight would be delayed. A few minutes later they announced all flights were cancelled.

This is a good thread. Let's keep remembering 9/11 and not become complacent.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

I was in Las Vegas for my Mom's wedding. Got a call early in the morning to turn on the Tv Just as I turned it on the second plane hit The WTC. I know my mom will always remeber her wedding.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Was inside a baghouse of an asphalt plant, very dirty nasty job. When a guy from the gravel pit drove up and told me. It was a hard message to relay to my crew.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.