Old 12-22-2001, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't go Dude!
Old 01-14-2002, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, I'm happy to report that I have made it back safe and sound. The traveling was a pain in the ass and it was colder than I imagined it would be. It snowed all day on one of the days, but not much accumulation. On the last day it reached the blistering temperature of 38*. The locals were all ready to pack away the winter clothes, and call it spring. None for me, thanks!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to the ones who responded. I got to check out some of the places above, but I was unable to visit the strip joint. The popular vote was not in favor of it.

Tir N'an Og was indeed a neat little bar. The live music was pretty good, actually.

In summary, It's a dismal and mundane place. Nice scenery, nice lakes, 1000 islands were cool, but it seems lifeless in the winter. Oh well.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Registered

Cool

BajaDaze, glad you made the best of your time up here.
It looks like you got out just in time. It's 16 degrees F in Ktown today, and with the breeze coming of of the lake, the windchill feels like 3 degrees F.
Let's hope next time you visit it's 80, and the harbour is filled with fibreglass instead of ice.
Take care
Blue-Llama
Old 01-14-2002, 12:11 PM
jokerswild

Glad to hear u made it back without frostbite! So whens the next boat trip?? We're goin to the boat show this weekend- what d'ya say?

Old 01-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Registered

ohh i am not good enough for you huh.. you could have at least stopped by for beer
Old 01-15-2002, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Baja Daze- Im glad Kingston didnt bore you too much. But the thing that kills me (and has since your original post) is that youre all worried about being bored and your from St Pete......The Geriatric Capital of the World!! I have never seen more people over 70 on one beach in my life,big groups of them all dressed in white, walkers, metal detectors, the works, couldnt wait to get the hell outta there, slipped down to Ft Myers in a cloud of tire smoke and had a great time
Old 01-15-2002, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks blue-llama! It definately could have been worse. What little time we had to spare we made the best of it.

Nick! What's going on, Buddy? Miami, right? We've been talking about it. It's always a good time. Are you guys going for the day or overnight? Give me the 411!

Shut up, Trav! I'm still waiting for you and the bat. Not to mention the damn 6-pack you promised!

Twin29, Wow! Im dumbfounded. You must have gone to all the wrong places. St. Pete is anything but boring. Hell, I find myself still not having enough time to take it all in. Next time you gotta let one of us local boys really show you around town.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Registered

Hey Nanook.....welcome back !! You lucked out....if the weather where you were was anything like what we've had. Unseasonably warm, especially at night.

Anyway, it's good to have you back on 'Board'
Old 01-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Risk! the worst part was not having internet. Every night, I made sure I asked my wife to give me the scoop on the board