What would be the perfect boat storage facility >

What would be the perfect boat storage facility

Notices

What would be the perfect boat storage facility

Old 10-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mack,

I think there is a market for this but there are already several people in the area doing it. Just for comparison I'm paying $120/month for storage on the river. Enclosed, non climate control plus the use of a ramp on the property for free. When you add in the cost of using a private launch its the cheapest around. I think Hilltop Boat Storage cost about the same but no ramp. Climate Contral stalls in Baton Rouge or Prairieville seemed to be running around $250/month when I checked around earlier this year. As far as ammenities, a covered wash bay and gas on site would be great. Especially if you don't worry about making a killing on the gas. I hate having to pull mine out of the stall and drive down the road to fill up but it beats paying an extra 50 cents per gallon on the water. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zitoracing
The land where that was going to go is for sale now.
I heard he was not doing this any more ?
Its not for sale. Tim the owner ran into some difficulties and is looking for a contractor to work with.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My dream marina would provide each boat a finger slip with their own remote controlled lift, inside a covered and enclosed climate controlled facility with 24 hour self-service (via keypad or remote or whatever), bikini babes fueling and washing boats, and this facility would have an adjacent cigar bar, beach bar, sports bar, resteraunt and strip club.

But that'll never all come together.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=CigDaze;2300262]My dream marina would provide each boat a finger slip with their own remote controlled lift, inside a covered and enclosed climate controlled facility with 24 hour self-service (via keypad or remote or whatever), bikini babes fueling and washing boats, and this facility would have an adjacent cigar bar, beach bar, sports bar, resteraunt and strip club.

But that'll never all come together.

Skip is going to build one of those marinas here in Florida. $1750.00 a month, and $2,000 a month comes with a VIP seat at the strip club... "The Lip Ship Edition Membership"

Just bustin chops !!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
I have never seen a boat put on a trailer for rack storage, did not even know that could be an option. How would you get the forks out from underneath the boat once it was put on the trailer
Depends on the fork truck and the trailer. Where I keep mine (Pier 75 in Toledo, OH) they have one truck they can slide between the boat and trailer and lift it up.

Or they just dunk the boat and trailer in the well, float the boat off, then pull the trailer up, then pull the boat up. I've never seen them do it but it sounds like it would be fun to watch!