Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is there anything that will outrun a 32 Hustler?????? >

Is there anything that will outrun a 32 Hustler??????

Notices

Is there anything that will outrun a 32 Hustler??????

Old 10-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vtec
Could somebody give some technical reasons for these described handling characteristics. I'm sure the Huster hull is an evolution/extension of another hull (not knocking Fiore). If it is a "traditional" v-hull it should handle like the other traditional v-hulls. And not having steps, pads, notches, etc. should make this hull more stable (all else being equal).

Are there any unique features to this hull?
Hull does feature a notches transom. But, no pad or steps. the 32 hull was produced by hustler from early 80's to '97.

Over the years, it was reviewed favorably by a number of boating magazines.Hot Boat Magazine reviewed the 32 Hustler in March '97 and ran it at 85.8 on radar with twin Volvo DPX 470's. But, they wrote "We actually slowed down when we overtrimmed, and handling became a handful"! Their conclusion was" The hustler 32 is like a fine wine. In many respects, its ageless.Its level of quality and craftsmanship is beyond question. The performance of the Hustler remains among the very best in the marketplace."
Old 10-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
A friend of mine from Chicago had a 32' Hustler LE he bought in 1985. It was all black with Arneson drives and did over 100mph. He was a seasoned offshore boater with years of prior experience. He had the boat for about 2 seasons when one day he was on flat/calm water and came across a cruiser's wake and he said the boat responded in a totally different manner than what he expected and it almost threw him and his passengers out of the boat. He ended up with some stitches in his elbow. I remember him telling me that he did not like the way the boat handled...that it was dangerous. Perhaps because of the Arneson drives???
The major variable here seems to be the cruiser wake, as well as how fast was he running. Of course the wildcard is the boat had surface drives. Too little info on what happened to draw a conclusion on the boat or the operator.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Registered

Has anyone experienced porpoising at 30 - 40 mph? The one I test drove had to be throttled past the porpoising. Also owner didn't ever pull the throttles all the way back to slow, he ran the trim tabs down instead. He said it got "squirelly" if you pull back on the sticks too much. The boat had Arnesons and 460ish HP. Seemed like it was pretty quick for stock power though.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ctadams21
Has anyone experienced porpoising at 30 - 40 mph? The one I test drove had to be throttled past the porpoising. Also owner didn't ever pull the throttles all the way back to slow, he ran the trim tabs down instead. He said it got "squirelly" if you pull back on the sticks too much. The boat had Arnesons and 460ish HP. Seemed like it was pretty quick for stock power though.
I have Bravo's on mine, and absolutely no porpoising at 30-40 MPH. Also no issues when pulling sticks back. I have yet to take anyone out on my Hustler who has not been impressed with the ride, and handling.

Can't comment on how the hull handles with surface drives. But, a local 32 with surface drives ran well in regional races, and was never a complaint regarding the handling.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Registered

I picked up a 32 Hustler with 540bbc+b&m 250 blowers for $20,000 with tri axle trailer......sound like a good deal? boat runs 90.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 264 Likes on 118 Posts

$20K, 90 mph, 32' Hustler, if you get to enjoy it this summer (without breaking), then yes it is a good deal if in decent shape. 90 mph boats are always desireable as long as your initial $20K investment doesn't cost $40K to repair. I think you did alright, enjoy the boat. You are out on the water and that is what matters most.

Tell me about the name Stoolie? That puts more questions in my mind than the Hustler....
Old 06-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I have a pair of 500HP 468's that I can throw into whatever I get.......and I am willing to spend around $25K on the boat without power.........so my question is, are there any 30+FT boats that I can get for less than $25K without power, that will outrun a 32ft Hustler.........it just took me like 10 min to fig out how to word that.......thanks jafo haha i knew somebody would understand what i was tryin to get at sorry i worded it all f'ed up
Any 33 ft CAT! Lol!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
$20K, 90 mph, 32' Hustler, if you get to enjoy it this summer (without breaking), then yes it is a good deal if in decent shape. 90 mph boats are always desireable as long as your initial $20K investment doesn't cost $40K to repair. I think you did alright, enjoy the boat. You are out on the water and that is what matters most.

Tell me about the name Stoolie? That puts more questions in my mind than the Hustler....
I actually bought the boat last year and just had the motors redone at East Coast Offshore in ocean city. It sat for years after the owner passed away and I bought it planing on putting some money into it. It was fairly updated and good shape but I am closing in on the end of a full blow makeover on the boat. It has 540's with the b&m's running lower boost. TRS drives. Would like to find intercoolers and add some more boost down the road. Ran it a few times before pulling the motors and the ride is NO JOKE! Drives awesome and takes rough water great. I run with my buddy in a 28 sunsation and side by side he gets beat up while the 32 cuts right through it. I spent some time with Paul and the Hustler team in Key West this year and looked at the new boats down there and I have deff become a Loyal Hustler fan and customer. Solid company and they make fast hulls bottom line.....Stoolie is an old name that is a spin on my last name. Im a DJ and it became my DJ name over the years...Im not a rat lol!!