Need OSO members referrals >

Need OSO members referrals

Notices

Need OSO members referrals

Old 11-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rush
Dave Bugg is good knows boats and lives 20 min from Callao. He is in the phone book and under Bugg & Ramsey
Thanks Rush--I'll look him up
Old 11-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I am sorry to hear about your bad luck. It really sucks when you trust someone and they don't do you right.

BUT, I really think your best avenue is to either go to small claims court, via a warrant in debt, or to just get it fixed and move on. It is going to be more of a headache than it is EVER worth - chalk it up to a mistake and get back to boating.
Why should I take the blame for the surveyors mistake? I personally can't get under a boat to inspect it for damage so I rely on the surveyor to do his job RIGHT, why do people find it so easy to take on responsibility that falls on someone else? I am a ER/trauma nurse and if I fux up and your family member dies do you say " oh well, it was a mistake." Not so much!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Griff
The issues you have, if they are really only cosmetic, will not justify the cost of a lawyer. Small claims court would be the way to go.
I agree Griff, that's why I'm hoping to fly Ed Cozzi to NC to survey the extent of damage.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From the pics I saw, I'd contact Velocity first and then possibly drive it to them for inspection and possible repair.

The damage looks like it's right on the inside chine- that means it's right under a stringer. That could be a major if not impossible repair issue from the inside. It may have to be repaired from the outside. You should look at the Guardaro website. They show pics of bottom repair of a cored hull. Maybe contact them too about a repair.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just toi chime in on the insurance, more than likely he has/had insurance to cover him in Liability. Thus meaning if some how he caused damage to the boat or property, it cover it. Not to cover items he would miss under inspection.

Have you tried to go back to the seller??? I would think you would have better luck in small claims court with him, selling a high priced boat with the knowledge of it being defective!!!!!!!!! Just a thought
Old 11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 58 Likes on 19 Posts

Typically doesn't someone with a professional license like that have to carry and "Errors & Omissions" clause on their policy? That would in my opinion be where a claim would be made against him failing to identify obvious flaws in the boat upon his professional inspection.

He would have liability issues if his report was erroneous, false or misleading statements were made which injured (monetarily) the person buying the boat.

On the downside if it's not for over $10K+ the only person who will really benefit will be the attorney's, you will waste at least that much to get anything settled.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

You better start being a realist about this situation.

You got screwed by POS surveyer!!!!!
It is his fault.
Assume that your total cost of repairs is around $5000.
Assume that you win in court.
More than likely you will never collect a dime from this dirtbag who calls himself a professional.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Registered

Errors and Omissions in VA really is for the cost of a lawyer to fight on the dirt bags side not to pay a claim, alway's set up to screw the little guy. I still say fight for all your worth, if the lawyers win good, you might save the next guy.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Just toi chime in on the insurance, more than likely he has/had insurance to cover him in Liability. Thus meaning if some how he caused damage to the boat or property, it cover it. Not to cover items he would miss under inspection.

Have you tried to go back to the seller??? I would think you would have better luck in small claims court with him, selling a high priced boat with the knowledge of it being defective!!!!!!!!! Just a thought
He claims no knowledge of the damage
Old 11-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Griff
You better start being a realist about this situation.

You got screwed by POS surveyer!!!!!
It is his fault.
Assume that your total cost of repairs is around $5000.
Assume that you win in court.
More than likely you will never collect a dime from this dirtbag who calls himself a professional.
I am reserving my decision on what route to take with the surveyor based on a survey by Ed Cozzi and his reccomendations. Thanks for all the insight to now, please chime in if you have any others opinions or suggestions.

Quick Reply: Need OSO members referrals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.