Nautical Decorated Rooms

Old 01-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy Chit...What's up with the fish hook? That's maybe a little too Nautical
Old 01-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

yikes, that had to hurt like a biotch. my dorm room at school is done up in a beach type theme, not so much nautical. but it has a grass / bamboo type thing for the head board, skim board on the wall, a lighthouse lamp and some other beachy type crap. if youve got the time, its pretty easy to do all that stuff on a budget i would think.

on a side note, if you went with a sand floor that would be the most badass thing ever. if you ever spilt a beer just kick some sand over it and your good to go.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
on a side note, if you went with a sand floor that would be the most badass thing ever.
My G/F's Cat would like that too much
Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered

JB I am just finishing my office in a 16th century galleon decor. All wood plank ceilings, floors, arched beams. On the walls I just went half way up the wall with the plank. Above the plank on the walls I went to a local nautical trader and bought a bunch of old nautical charts from all over the world and some local waters. I am using them as wallpaper pretty cool because of the memories of crusining these waterways and it is a great conversation piece. I framed in a surround to look like a cannon port door with a swing up door (swings into the room) that is attached to a line and pully to house my flat screen. The back wall of my office is angled back like the rear of a galleon. I am using a 1 1/2" hemp style rope to trim out around the charts and surrounding beams and crown molding. I angled the base boards to give the illusion of the cureiture of the bottom of the ship. The a/c vents are made of wood to match the ceiling. The charts can be purchased for next to nothing and there is a process you can do to them to make them look antique. I am using large brass tacks to hang the wallpaper/charts, you can have them pasted but I like the rugged look of the tacks. Everything is being decorated in antique brass. Stuff I find in my travels. Hope this helps
Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here ya go .... http://www.jul.com/
Old 01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

Sorry about the fish hook. Ill give you one guess as to what kind of Dr I am.

THe 3 photos of the bar was what I was going for.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
Sorry about the fish hook. Ill give you one guess as to what kind of Dr I am.

THe 3 photos of the bar was what I was going for.
where you out skiing last night?, the conditions where great at the mountain.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Yes I was at the mtn too. Did you happen the see the 3 women in bikinis?

I was liking the snow as well. It was my first time on skis this year. I am getting ready for the beer league racing. How about you?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:10 PM

Will you guys be skiing Sat?
Scott, have you heard that a bunch of us boaters are planning a snowmobile trip? Starting in Harbor Springs, lunch in Mackinac, 25 miles on the beach and sand dunes of L.Mi.
I think Wrink and Mike K. is going to do it also, there is a good rental in Harbor.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

In the rain? Ill go to treetops on sat if no rain. I was out last night and the snow waas great. Boyne is in great shape this early in the year. Have you guys seen how much sbnow is piled up for the half pipe? Wow, It has to be 15 ft deep easily.

Quick Reply: Nautical Decorated Rooms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.