chesapeake bay area oso'ers >

chesapeake bay area oso'ers

Notices

chesapeake bay area oso'ers

Old 01-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ted's right. The CBPBA is your ticket to everything in that area. We've been boating there for 6 years and find new places to go/things to see all the time. It's important to budget the time that you do have to get the most out of your trip. What is your preference: tearing around, rafting up, nice scenery, parties, historical locations/museums, or?? It's all there.

What size/type of boat are you bringing, and do plan to stay aboard at all? There are some great places to spend the night on the hook, and it's cheaper than hotels or marinas!

Personally, I think that Powerboat got it wrong - I'd rate the Chesapeake as #1 by far. (If only it wasn't for winter....)
Old 01-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 266ltd
great feed back everyone hope it keeps coming, thanks i plan on driving there it looks like 301 to 213 to 20?
You will ad at least a couple hrs of travel time to your trip if you stay on the eastern shore, Look at Middle River, Havre De Grace and North East MD.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

You can also head north from great oaks to Nauti Goose lots of go fast ,always a good time, plus you can go to c&d canal which is fun also.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baja27
You can also head north from great oaks to Nauti Goose lots of go fast ,always a good time, plus you can go to c&d canal which is fun also.
I grew up on the Canal, great place to cruise. Rumor has it Schaefer's will be opening back up (again) this spring. Used to be the hot spot, now Chesapeake Inn holds that title.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

i would stay in annapolis. Great nightlife and restaraunts and it is right in the middle of everything from Baltimore to solomons.

I'd recomend staying at the Marriott downtown.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PJDiesel
I grew up on the Canal, great place to cruise. Rumor has it Schaefer's will be opening back up (again) this spring. Used to be the hot spot, now Chesapeake Inn holds that title.
A buddy of mine got married there a few years back (Father's Day 03'), not too long before it closed down I think.

All this talk about the Chesapeake makes me miss it. Somehow, I need to find a way to live there for the summers and back down here in FL for the winters. I was all over that bay from C &D south to the VA/MD line as a kid and through college.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered

man it sounds like it is going to be a great place to go boating!!! i am in the process of moving were we want to stay so i think i am going to look at mears point. i have been playing around with google earth just trying to get a miniscule idea of were every thing is at. thank you all and will hope to keep hearing ideas. i have a 32 fever,

Last edited by 266ltd; 01-15-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
tearing around, rafting up, nice scenery, parties, historical locations/museums, or?? It's all there.
Personally, I think that Powerboat got it wrong - I'd rate the Chesapeake as #1 by far. (If only it wasn't for winter....)
I would agree with you Chuck, I think the only rival to it would be the keys,(which I havent been yet) because of the weather. The bay can give you everything, nice and calm and later ocean ugly the myriads of creeks and rivers to explore, make sure your GPS is working and have a blast.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
The bay can give you everything, nice and calm and later ocean ugly the myriads of creeks and rivers to explore, make sure your GPS is working and have a blast.
Good advice. Watch the weather. The bay can go from flat to ugly REAL quick!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
Good advice. Watch the weather. The bay can go from flat to ugly REAL quick!
Mmm, Yeah!

Two years ago we got pelted with rain that was starting to feel like hail for about 20 solid minutes with no cover. It was like, "Huh, looks a bit dark over that way",......... BAM.

I tried to out run it in our ever so sporty 1987 Mastercraft, just didn't work, we got soaked.

Quick Reply: chesapeake bay area oso'ers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.