Diesel engines in speed boat >

Diesel engines in speed boat

Notices

Diesel engines in speed boat

Old 02-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
go to diesel place...com ,their are 900-1100hp duramaxs running around,and the banks engs are stock long block duramax's with intake and marine exhaust on them and computers set diff as there arn't any epa regs
Yes, there are EPA regulations on marine diesels, and they are getting tougher.

Michael
Old 02-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default My Idea Is Still The Best !

Long life and very low rpm(103) at full throttle.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Rpm Correction

I made a mistake it's only 102 rpm,I wouldn't want to spin a bearing as it takes 2 people to carry the rod bearings.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

dmaxx3500

Please, can you give us a link where there is 900 hp plus Duramax running around that is pulling that power for 100 hours, or even 4 hours non-stop?

If that's not possible, than it's not something that can be useable in a boat. Funny cars make over 100hp/cui and they run around drag strips ever Sunday all over the world.

Here is the 1,000hp Banks Duramax engine http://bankspower.com/sidewinder-s10-pg1.cfm, and I think it says the truck carries 2 bottles of Nitrious?

And here is the Banks 650hp Road Race engine http://bankspower.com/DmaxTypeR-ProjectOverView.cfm, I think far from stock?

The whole point of my lengthy diesel discussions is not to trash anyone or anything but to bring out all the +'s & -'s of the diesel applications and I welcomely challenge everyone to dispute me. Maybe, somehow we can come up with a formula that will really work and be able to bring a Hi-pro diesel package to market that makes sense. I think collectively there is more experience and creativeness on this board than any one boat/engine company has. You think about the test data/feedback that can come from this diverse group of users about a product and most manufacturers could never afford to buy that! Even Mercury can't test everything in every application, if they could my Optimax's wouldn't be part of a class action law suit!!!

ps - EPA regs, the Coast Gaurd was actively tring to stop diesels from racing in Key West 18 years ago because of the black soot trails they left in the water. Maybe that is part of why the APBA and such changed the engine regs?
Old 02-23-2008, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EPA sucks IMO sucks big time

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
go to diesel place...com ,their are 900-1100hp duramaxs running around,and the banks engs are stock long block duramax's with intake and marine exhaust on them and computers set diff as there arn't any epa regs
Originally Posted by Michael1
Yes, there are EPA regulations on marine diesels, and they are getting tougher.

Michael
Marine diesels have to meet emissions certification with the IMO not the EPA.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
dmaxx3500

Please, can you give us a link where there is 900 hp plus Duramax running around that is pulling that power for 100 hours, or even 4 hours non-stop?

If that's not possible, than it's not something that can be useable in a boat. Funny cars make over 100hp/cui and they run around drag strips ever Sunday all over the world.

Here is the 1,000hp Banks Duramax engine http://bankspower.com/sidewinder-s10-pg1.cfm, and I think it says the truck carries 2 bottles of Nitrious?

And here is the Banks 650hp Road Race engine http://bankspower.com/DmaxTypeR-ProjectOverView.cfm, I think far from stock?

The whole point of my lengthy diesel discussions is not to trash anyone or anything but to bring out all the +'s & -'s of the diesel applications and I welcomely challenge everyone to dispute me. Maybe, somehow we can come up with a formula that will really work and be able to bring a Hi-pro diesel package to market that makes sense. I think collectively there is more experience and creativeness on this board than any one boat/engine company has. You think about the test data/feedback that can come from this diverse group of users about a product and most manufacturers could never afford to buy that! Even Mercury can't test everything in every application, if they could my Optimax's wouldn't be part of a class action law suit!!!

ps - EPA regs, the Coast Gaurd was actively tring to stop diesels from racing in Key West 18 years ago because of the black soot trails they left in the water. Maybe that is part of why the APBA and such changed the engine regs?
Been peeking at Banks videos. Like how he sets his engines up sorta DIIN and sorta SAE. Also wheres the kevlar curtains or steel plates around his dyno stand?
Old 02-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered

29Firefox,

We all know the answer, it's all about PR and taking photos that look good! GM and Banks make a deal to build these concept trucks to put them out there and get max. PR. GM wants to show the world their engines are the "coolest". It's the old NASCAR adage "what wins on Sunday turns into sales on Monday!"
Old 02-23-2008, 09:18 PM

"The Fastest"

The funny thing is the two "FASTEST" vehicles on Bank's web site are the Sidewinder DAKOTA CUMMINS at 222 mph and the Streamliner powered by CATERPILLAR. Also both of them were INLINE SIX engines.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Registered

Default Good Catch

I didn't watch the videos, that was a good catch!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:42 AM

Dude

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
I didn't watch the videos, that was a good catch!
Joe ever worked with george who worked on merlin and daytona?

Quick Reply: Diesel engines in speed boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.