Diesel engines in speed boat >

Diesel engines in speed boat

Notices

Diesel engines in speed boat

Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Von Bongo,

I think your right my guess would have to be close to 60K each?

firefox - get us the Cumapart prices -
Old 12-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Your right. All those boats big and small with Arnesons have to be tugged into slips, or towed when out to sea as they will not turn nor revere nor dock nor..

that´s why Titanic sank too... they shoulda had SSM´s (and they wouldn´t have left southampton before warrant repairs)

Seriously...
Heres one I´m playing with currently.
1.2pmg at 48mpg cruise.. .tops 62

I´ts a double hulled bottom so more than sturdy... 10 footers are no problem, the problem starts at 20 footers when the radars and lightbar washaway.... been done...

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-19-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe

So, how fast do you want a diesel boat to go?

What do you want from a diesel powered boat?

Joe Gere
80-100 will do more than fine. Cruise speed at 60 and good mileage..say better than 1.5mpg at cruise.
No hassle that´s what I want.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-19-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stirling
About 6 years ago a guy overhere bought a Bruno Abatte 50 ft Primatist with 2 x 10,3 L Seateks and fixed surface drives,this boat was unbelievable in the rough ,we took it out on the North sea with 8-10 ft seas , this boat was build very heavy and doesn,t seem to bother the pounding .

We however did smashed up in the boat ,I never forget when we tunned the boat at sea ,and having tailwind /waves ,Oh F*ck it felt like we flew this boat 15 ft or more in to the air when using the waves as a launching ramp.

The engines did just like yours smoke a lot when accelerating ,and the boat only took off when the tabs were down,we measured her at 63 mph .

Nice to hear those turbo,s spool,and the engines are revving up .

Old post But with Trimaxes and Eliminator typed on the sides in blue and orange, ? If yes it's overhere nowadays.

http://www.nettivene.com/moottoriven...e-bruno/403872

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 03-31-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on my annual vacation on Sanibel Island, Florida a few weeks ago and took my family on the "Sanibel Thriller" a 40 passenger 55 foot cat, built in Miami. Twin 440 hp Yanmars w/Arnesons. Ran about 40ish during the cruise. Talked to the skipper, said it tops out at about 55 empty. Our conversation was brief, but it had been re-powered with lower h.p. recently...didn't find out the reason (fuel consumption?) It sounded good, side mounted thru-hulls.... Much more of a performance sound than I expected. ----Rob
Old 04-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TGC-32
I predict that several years from now, gasoline-powered engines are going to be in the minority compared to diesel.
Here we are four years later, with much higher fuel prices, and nothing seems to have changed. Gasoline engines still prevail. I think the cost of diesel engines, combined with the increased cost of drives to handle the torque, has kept them very scarce in all but large cruisers.

Michael
Old 04-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael1
Here we are four years later, with much higher fuel prices, and nothing seems to have changed. Gasoline engines still prevail. I think the cost of diesel engines, combined with the increased cost of drives to handle the torque, has kept them very scarce in all but large cruisers.

Michael
Shaft drives have gotten a bad rap. Until the guys who have them, and the companies that build them, do better PR that's not going to change.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:30 AM
Registered

I have a wellcraft meteor and would love to re power also, cant wait for cummins to break in to the market. It would be so nice to finally get some range out of a tank of fuel instead of feeding three thirsty big blocks.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Registered

Default Diesels in Compitition

Can diesels be used in offshore racing?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kmb1949
Can diesels be used in offshore racing?
I see your new, do a search for diesels on here in general you'll find all you need to know (and more than you'll want to). I believe they were used as far back as the 60's for some of the endurance races?

Quick Reply: Diesel engines in speed boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.