Notices

Diesel engines in speed boat

Old 02-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by matador
I love diesel power,I think is the way of the future,however drives and trannys are another problem to witheld so much torque;arneson are good but either they dont turn or its a ***** to park,crash boxes sucks thats if you want to use beefy drives and before you know you have thousands and thousands of dollars on a dinasaur,so bottom line it will eventually happen but now still its no the time for something proven and commercially accepted to a very spoiled market...
Your right. All those boats big and small with Arnesons have to be tugged into slips, or towed when out to sea as they will not turn nor revere nor dock nor..

Marine gears and drives are no problem. Getting the engine package that will live and produce the results everyone desires is the challenge.

Speed and life are a relative thing. We always want more of each without sacrificing more $$
Old 02-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
LostinBoston,

Why would Biodiesel be important to you, my interest is peaked?
100% american made, as opposed to 30% of the cost of your fuel going overseas.
I can make it myself (ive only tried 1 litre at a time, but theoretically if i had the space i would make more).
You can buy it for cheaper then diesel and have it delivered.
O (yes a big fat zero) net CO2 emissions. (maybe I can sell Carbon offsets to Al Gore.)

Biodiesel can also be run in turbines. Id love a set of PT6's in my next boat also, but the idle to shooters might be a bit innefficient.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
100% american made, as opposed to 30% of the cost of your fuel going overseas.
I can make it myself (ive only tried 1 litre at a time, but theoretically if i had the space i would make more).
You can buy it for cheaper then diesel and have it delivered.
O (yes a big fat zero) net CO2 emissions. (maybe I can sell Carbon offsets to Al Gore.)

Biodiesel can also be run in turbines. Id love a set of PT6's in my next boat also, but the idle to shooters might be a bit innefficient.
T53,s
Old 02-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nortec builds a beautiful diesel version. Adib Mastry of Mastry Engine center has one as his personal boat powered by twin Yanmars, I believe it runs 80+. You can contact him @ 727-522-9471.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Your right. All those boats big and small with Arnesons have to be tugged into slips, or towed when out to sea as they will not turn nor revere nor dock nor..

Marine gears and drives are no problem. Getting the engine package that will live and produce the results everyone desires is the challenge.

Speed and life are a relative thing. We always want more of each without sacrificing more $$
Old 02-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

RIK -

Don't go down that path like on that other site!!!

Those guys were crazy, would not listen to reason and you did answer the original question he just kept twisting it around and around and around!
Old 02-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

This is Stew Leonards boat that we delivered to him last year with 34 people on board. It lost one mph (down to 79) with 1,000 gallons of fuel and all of these people.

jc
Attached Thumbnails Diesel engines in speed boat-sl700-34-people.jpg  
Old 02-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystic
This is Stew Leonards boat that we delivered to him last year with 34 people on board. It lost one mph (down to 79) with 1,000 gallons of fuel and all of these people.

jc

now that's my type of party go-fast boat
i just don't want to fill the tank
Old 02-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered

Habana Joe,

If you have any info on the Super Hero/Super Hawaii Cummins package Iwould be interested in what you can offer. I am the current owner of the 1992, 40' American with 300 HP Cummins 6BTA's & ASD-8's. The boat currently is running 50 mph on GPS @ 2600 RPM with 1.15:1 MG-5061 gears and Rolla 4-blade 17x28.5" wheels. The boat weighs in at 12,000 lbs.

I was of the impression that only one 40' with diesels was made but it sounds like you may have been involved with an earlier prototype.

Anything you can offer would be appreciated.

Rich
Old 02-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

looks as if its sinking

Quick Reply: Diesel engines in speed boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.