Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo >

Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo

Notices

Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo

Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 295 Likes on 102 Posts

. . yea that was a fun thread, it pops up from time to time. Was it Tom Lang that had it on the 21? cant really disclose much about the project right now but it probably wont see much actual water use, it is for the SEMA show and a tour after that. We were looking at the Pulse drive because of the visual impact on this perticular boat but i think it would work really well to.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not sure of the guy's name. This was down in La. quite a few years ago.
I think the drive looks pretty cool. If they could do something a little better with the rudders it would help. The newer drives are actually quite a bit more streamlined looking. They have done a lot with the platforms to help the asthetics. I think the singles look really good, especially on a smaller boat.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when patching you dont rebuild the whole transom? I thought you had to. I might be going down that road and was really concerned.

Great job.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,000 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
So when patching you dont rebuild the whole transom? I thought you had to. I might be going down that road and was really concerned.

Great job.
I was just thinking the same thing! wouldnt there be too much stress on that square that was patched in the hole from the drive stress?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

What you are looking at is only the first layer of plywood. There are 2 more layers that went over that. That was put in that way to be able to fill the outside. I did not want to cut the outside of the transom and mess up the original glass and gelcoat. You just fill the outside and make it flush with what is already there. The inside then got 2 full layers of plywood with glass in between each layer and then over the top of the last layer. All layers of plywood are 90* to each other to prevent any flexing. It is probably stronger than it was, because the holes you see in the first pictures were open. They were there for the transmission to pass through the transom. Now the transom is solid and has the gimble tying it all together.
It is also almost a 1/2" thicker than it was. You guys are right, just patching a transom with a small piece of wood would not be sufficient in my opinion.

Eddie
Old 03-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young Performance
You guys are right, just patching a transom with a small piece of wood would not be sufficient in my opinion.

Eddie
I'm glad I talked you out of just stuffing the holes with newspapers soaked in Elmers glue!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
I'm glad I talked you out of just stuffing the holes with newspapers soaked in Elmers glue!

It certainly would have been cheaper!!!
I just didn't have the spare time to do a structural analysis of the newpaper vs. the Elmers. It would have been affected to much by the gravitational pull of magnetic north, not to mention the angle of the dangle. Of course, everyone knows that is directly proportional to the mass of the meat.
Greg,
It's coming along nicely. I'm very pleased with it so far and I think you will be also.

Eddie
Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good bye roost
Old 03-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Good bye roost

No doubt. That drive threw an absolutely insane rooster tail. It was every bit of 30 feet high and over 100 feet long if you would really get on the trim. That is one thing I will miss.
Eddie
Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Young Performance
It certainly would have been cheaper!!!
I just didn't have the spare time to do a structural analysis of the newpaper vs. the Elmers. It would have been affected to much by the gravitational pull of magnetic north, not to mention the angle of the dangle. Of course, everyone knows that is directly proportional to the mass of the meat.
Greg,
It's coming along nicely. I'm very pleased with it so far and I think you will be also.

Eddie
You're starting to sound like your Brother John!

Quick Reply: Re-rig/ Conversion pics from Pulse Drive to Bravo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.