Notices

Hey Lubejobs

Old 04-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations Gino, three magazines in one month!! I also liked where the one writer changed boats after hearing you talk about the Poker Run and bragging rights.

Last edited by Ratickle; 04-20-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was an awesome read. Gino...you need to write a book seriously. Actually make that two books titled "rags2riches" and the other "adventures of oil can man". My hat's off to Gino. And congrat's on the marriage.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Congratulations Gino, three magazines in one month!! I also likes where the one writer changed boats after hearing you talk about the Poker Run and bragging rights.
Afew people said that. What other mags other then PRA???? Thank you
Old 04-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Afew people said that. What other mags other then PRA???? Thank you
Extreme Boats issue 5.1 starts on page 62 about the MTI Mercedes boat and continues on page 66. That's where they decided to ride with someone else. Doesn't say how you and Joey ended up.

Extreme Boats issue 5.2 on page 28 in the MTI article about their theme boats.

Picture of the Mercedes boat on page 68 of the May Hot Boat, Leader of the Pack article.

Picture and blurb on page 71 of the May Powerboat in The Great Escape article about the Miami Boat Show Poker Run.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats gino, it is funney as soon as i read the part about the name GOING TO SMOKE A CIGARETTE, i thought man there is a boat right down the river from me that has that same name.......I flipped the page and saw the same boat with still the same name......A older fellow from grosse ile MI, has that boat and has not touched it , the only difference is it does not have the lube jobs name on the side.......(SMALL WORLD).......You have a sweet collection......When it gets a little nicer i will fire ya some pics,,,,,,,I drive right buy it every time i go out....
Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Sometimes you take for granted what you have. I have a had a few very rough months at work. I had to get rid of my 15 year manager and it have been very difficult to do his job as well as mine. I have been very grouchy at work. Actually,i've been an absolute *****. Yelling alot and loosing my temper very quickly. Working a lot of hours and feeling sorry for myself.

This article has brought so many emails and messages that have been so nice. I have had so many people tell me how they admire me and other things like that. Last night I was lying in bed, from a very bad day at work and boat issues and thinking about some of the kind emails I got and all of a sudden it hit me like rock. I am so lucky and so fortunate. The problems that have been making me miserable are so small in comparrison to other peoples problems as well as problems I had in the past. I almost forgot how horrible my life was years back. I forgot the feeling of despare. being cold, tired and hungry all the time. Hiding if I would see someone I knew out of being embarresed. This story and the wonderful comments i received from people reading the story really woke me up. I need to wake up and thank god every day for my family, friends and everything I have. I never, ever would have imagined someone telling me they admire me! I have no right and should be ashamed of myself for being in a such a bad mood lately. It's easy to forget how bad things can be!! I want to thank the people at poker runs America for honoring me with that story and all the people that took the time to share their kind words and feeling. I am very fortunate, I need to remember that!
Very well said Gino. We all need to remember how fortunate we are. That story was very inspirational. You are the kind of guy this world needs more of. Your determination to overcome adversity has me thinking about how I can do better in my own business. It was nice to meeting and talking with you a bit you Saturday night before the party. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

John
Old 04-21-2008, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino, GREAT ARTICLE. Congrats!