Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Challenger boats closing doors. >

Challenger boats closing doors.

Notices

Challenger boats closing doors.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They had a nice Euro style in the Miami show.. They do make a great hull. The molds would be worth something. H. Shaull design. They aren't Cigs. but sorry to see them go.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Chitt.. I can't even read the article. I got this.

www.boating-industry.com/output.cfm?id=1597033 may try to steal your information.
Why were you redirected to this page? When we visited this site, we found it may be designed to trick you into submitting your financial or personal information to online scammers. This is a serious security threat which could lead to identity theft, financial losses or other dissemination of personal information.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Sad....we're hiring and things have never looked better if any of you guy's know any good laminators / toolers looking for a job.
brian , going to act of sale on the house next friday..coming your way...pm amarket1 here and ask him how he likes the custom engine hatch i just built for him..

eric
Old 05-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CIGARETTE 1972
brian , going to act of sale on the house next friday..coming your way...pm amarket1 here and ask him how he likes the custom engine hatch i just built for him..

eric

Come and help us some in the shop. I also have a 1 bedroom condo that is vacant. 770-560-3747 is my cell. Brian
Old 05-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the article. Challenger bought Sugar Sand and Gekko
in the last year or so, so expect them to be belly up too:

WASHINGTON, Mo. – Boat builder Challenger Powerboats, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, IMAR Group, LLC and Marine Holdings, Inc., each filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 7 of the United States Bankruptcy Code on April 25, according to an SEC form 8-K filed earlier this week.

The petitions were filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, case numbers 08-42946-705, 08-42948-705 and 08-42950-705, respectively, the company reported.

Judge Rendlen has been assigned to the cases and the date jurisdiction was assumed is April 25. The bankruptcy trustee for all three entities is E. Rebecca Case and the date of her appointment is April 25, the form stated.

In connection with the filings, the company has ceased all business activity and operations.

“The company believes that its assets will be insufficient to satisfy the claims of all creditors and it is unlikely that the company's shareholders will be eligible to participate in any distributions of the company's assets as a result of the bankruptcy,” the SEC filing stated. “Upon liquidation, the company will cease operations and wind up its business.”
Old 05-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pesky Varmint
Here's the article. Challenger bought Sugar Sand and Gekko
in the last year or so, so expect them to be belly up too:

WASHINGTON, Mo. – Boat builder Challenger Powerboats, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, IMAR Group, LLC and Marine Holdings, Inc., each filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 7 of the United States Bankruptcy Code on April 25, according to an SEC form 8-K filed earlier this week.

The petitions were filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, case numbers 08-42946-705, 08-42948-705 and 08-42950-705, respectively, the company reported.

Judge Rendlen has been assigned to the cases and the date jurisdiction was assumed is April 25. The bankruptcy trustee for all three entities is E. Rebecca Case and the date of her appointment is April 25, the form stated.

In connection with the filings, the company has ceased all business activity and operations.

“The company believes that its assets will be insufficient to satisfy the claims of all creditors and it is unlikely that the company's shareholders will be eligible to participate in any distributions of the company's assets as a result of the bankruptcy,” the SEC filing stated. “Upon liquidation, the company will cease operations and wind up its business.”
I don't have anything personal against them but every time I saw them at boat shows they told me how great things were , public traded company , gov't contracts , etc. I never bought those apples and I'll be in the boat business for the next 20 years and then my son can take a stab at it. He's only 7 now - haha.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have anything personal against them but every time I saw them at boat shows they told me how great things were , public traded company , gov't contracts , etc. I never bought those apples and I'll be in the boat business for the next 20 years and then my son can take a stab at it. He's only 7 now - haha.

"they told me how great things were"

Same thing you did in a earlier post....
Seems perhaps you maybe taking glee in others woes. Ever hear of karma?
Old 05-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ZP'd
"they told me how great things were"

Same thing you did in a earlier post....
Seems perhaps you maybe taking glee in others woes. Ever hear of karma?

You don't know anything aboout me or my business. Do some research.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 946 Likes on 509 Posts

Sad....we're hiring and things have never looked better if any of you guy's know any good laminators / toolers looking for a job.
Brian has Dave moved up yet? Your secret to success is going to be low overhead. Some of these builders are dying due to slow sales combined with high overhead costs.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Brian has Dave moved up yet? Your secret to success is going to be low overhead. Some of these builders are dying due to slow sales combined with high overhead costs.

Yes David has moved here and he's living on my houseboat.The new 41 hull mold is complete. David went back down to wrap up some personal stuff and will be back in a few days. Yea low overhead is what keeps us in the game. All molds , our shop , etc is paid for.

Quick Reply: Challenger boats closing doors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.