Notices

TRS drive oil fill?

Old 05-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
don't always believe the dipstick in the resivior. I kept checking my dipstick but apparently the check valve was not working properly. clogged (the valve that does not allow oil to drain out of the resivoir when drive is pulled) I ran my top half dry and trashed my upper gears and housing. I now pull the cap and take a visual look.

I pull the top cap and then the bottom plug to drain. and always fill from the bottom with cap off.
I had the drives off and replaced the seals for the drive oil valve and checked the valve and all flowed well. I will pull the top cap one more time before testing on Saturday and just double check the level. Thanks for all the info

Mike
Old 05-22-2008, 09:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
I had the drives off and replaced the seals for the drive oil valve and checked the valve and all flowed well. I will pull the top cap one more time before testing on Saturday and just double check the level. Thanks for all the info

Mike
If the drive is full, pulling the cap will result in oil running out- from the drive and from the reservoir. Pull the top plug and spare yourself the mess.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the drive is full, pulling the cap will result in oil running out- from the drive and from the reservoir. Pull the top plug and spare yourself the mess.

Better idea. Thanks